SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Just found out a friend...got lucky as you-know-what.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Just found out a friend...got lucky as you-know-what. Login/Join 
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chongosuerte:
It's a complicated mess, and not my place to discuss in public. I support her no matter what.

Good for you.
You will have a tough time balancing your friendship with both if they can't work things out. Hopefully, he learned an important lesson about fidelity and she forgives him.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24581 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is he already indef? I can't imagine a commander that wouldn't bar him from reenlistment. Even if he is stellar after serving his time, I can't imagine having a career after this. Likely he will serve out his remaining enlistment and separate from service.
I'm an Army officer so I can't speak about Navy procedure, but as a guy with UCMJ authority, I would bar him from reenlistment regardless of his performance.

Posts: 2018 | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Icabod:
How many years does he have in? I saw he made chief in 9 years but does he have enough time in his enlistment to make retirement?

I don't think so. He went in during the summer of '06 I think. I was about 6 months behind him until my babymomma drama turned my plans upside down, so that's about right. So 11ish years.

He went in with a contract...I think that made his 1st enlistment 6 years? I'm not sure where he'd be time-wise.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11463 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
chongosuerte said:
quote:
It's a complicated mess, and not my place to discuss in public. I support her no matter what.

You are a good friend, and a good man.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12403 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ulsterman:
quote:
I bet he would have been livid if she was cheating on him.

I think that is what started all of this. His girlfriend was seeing someone else.

The "she" I meant was his wife. Ironic that he was set off by his girlfriend cheating on him while he was cheating on his wife.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3900 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
The one article I read said he was an 11-year veteran.

6.4/93.6

Posts: 47678 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
Just a guess, initial hitch, 6 years, probably re-upped for another 6. Been in 11 years, so he probably only has a year or so left on his current contract. Just a guess...

Edit, he probably got a pretty big reenlistment bonus after his 1st 6, is that how he financed his marriage??

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6367 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stoic-one:
Just a guess, initial hitch, 6 years, probably re-upped for another 6. Been in 11 years, so he probably only has a year or so left on his current contract. Just a guess...

Edit, he probably got a pretty big reenlistment bonus after his 1st 6, is that how he financed his marriage??

He didn't pay for the wedding. He came from money and married into MONEY. Very financially sound, both by luck and practice.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11463 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
I can't see how that doesn't end his military career.
Only reason it might not is he has a Budweiser, but still plenty of then get kicked for drugs or other stupid shit - by product of them being told they are king shit daily after finishing BUD/S.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post