SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    New KIA Logo: Am I Crazy?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New KIA Logo: Am I Crazy? Login/Join 
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
We might be both incorrect. I remember reading about people arguing over this on a BMW forum when I researched it years ago.

Many believe it was based on a propeller and Bavarian flag. As that is logical to anyone aware of their history, it’s probably why I remembered that explanation. I vaguely even remember seeing a video posted of a spinning propeller that transformed into a BMW logo in a video/advertisement.

The Google says: The original BMW logo was designed in-house at Bayerische Motoren Werke AG in 1927. Whilst many think its checkered design is representative of a spinning aircraft propeller, it is in fact a combination of the logo of the Rapp Motorenwerke, from which the BMW company grew, and the colours of the Bavarian flag.

I don’t know how you start with this :

Toss in a little of this:

And then end up with the BMW logo as we know it now. I suppose there are indeed similarities between the Rapp Motorenwerke logo and the current BMW logo. The round shape and text on the outer rim. The Bavarian colors are definitely in play but there is some disagreement or controversy that seems to follow this subject.

Because Google lies and cannot be trusted I am inclined to believe my first answer over the explanation from the perpetually dishonest and evil google. (Even if they might be right in this case)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21121 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3089 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post