SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    SCOTUS to rule on NY carry law
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SCOTUS to rule on NY carry law Login/Join 
posted Hide Post

Posts: 12684 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
Here in NY we can expect the legislators to get together and enact work arounds that are worse than we currently have. I have full carry so this SCOTUS finding doesn't really affect me. However, NY is currently working on new laws, one that forbids carrying a firearm into a business that doesn't advertise that they allow concealed carry. Now I have to worry about where I carry, where before it was just schools, federal buildings etc?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5909 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
Thank you President Trump again!

All the “Never Trumpers” can simply go fuck themselves.

They are self-entitled children throwing a tantrum while the adults in the room have been trying and accomplishing real conservative housework!

Posts: 3502 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dave7378:
Here in NY we can expect the legislators to get together and enact work arounds that are worse than we currently have. I have full carry so this SCOTUS finding doesn't really affect me. However, NY is currently working on new laws, one that forbids carrying a firearm into a business that doesn't advertise that they allow concealed carry. Now I have to worry about where I carry, where before it was just schools, federal buildings etc?

That’s the way this works. They’ll put up unreasonable restrictions and there will be more lawsuits, and step by step this right will be affirmed.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8220 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Yes in the penal law we have two types of license, Premises and Carry. Only in many places you can't carry with your carry. The case said that's a no go.

So I fully expect the state to change the law, make a third type "Sportsman", then allow the counties to change anyone they want to that new type, side stepping this ruling. If nothing else, it will buy them a few to many more years.

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
^^^That will last until we (hopefully) get national reciprocity.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8220 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
That's the kick in the pants, people from other counties can carry where I live, but I "can't". I know people who live in other states and have non resident permits that can carry in my county, but I'm not supposed to.

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post