SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    when bendable is in charge of all the prisons
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

when bendable is in charge of all the prisons Login/Join 
posted
We started getting The Justice network on the broadcast tv , about a month ago.
http://www.justicenetworktv.com/
It's been a real learning experience , to say the least.

No prisoner will weigh more than 155 pounds, regardless of what you were brought in at , within the year , you will be down to 155 pounds or under. vegetarian diet, protien ,once a week

scrubs to wear and flip flops , thats it thats all , no hats jackets gloves socks , nothing else.

no cells full of crap, you get a sheet and a hook to hang yourself from , if you wish. no books, magazines, hobbies, games, no cards, Zip , thats it.

no one gets additional time for rule infractions,
1st infraction : you lose 14 digits
2nd infraction : cornea's get donated
and so on.

no tv , no radio, and hell no computer time.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54821 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
I like it. Make Prison Punishment Again.

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6499 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
I'm here to announce my candidacy to run against Bendable.

My plan:
  • To save money, the walls are the only portion of the prison constructed. We aren't spending money on tearing down anything either so whatever was already inside the walls stays.
  • The only guards will be on the walls manning ma-deuces.
  • Prisoners get to keep their street clothes
  • Every prisoner issued a baseball bat, hammer, and box of nails. That's it. No uniforms, no bed, no food, etc. as it's anarchy in there.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.
  •  
    Posts: 23401 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Too soon old,
    too late smart
    posted Hide Post
    And slaps on the wrists for corrupt cops, lawyers, prosecutors, judges? Smile

Posts: 4757 | Location: Southern Texas | Registered: May 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    Sounds a little Heinrich Himmler to me.

Posts: 5405 | Registered: April 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by ScorpionBoy:
    Sounds a little Heinrich Himmler to me.

I kinda don't think so ,
    H.H. was a bigot, these terms ( above) would be very equal opprotunity.

H.H. victims had no options, all of the people in prison are given options

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54821 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Giftedly Outspoken
    Picture of sigarms229
    posted Hide Post

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4541 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Chip away the stone
    Picture of rusbro
    posted Hide Post
    I appreciate the sentiment, but removing body parts (at least certain ones) is just one more thing to make these people even less employable if/when they do return to society.

Do you simply want to punish, or do you want to put some effort into trying to redeem those who can be redeemed?

Edit to add: I'm not saying our current system does a good job...

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    The sheet and hook idea seems sound. The thread about Dr Nasser got me thinking about that. As much as we may like the idea of guys like him rotting in jail, perhaps leaving a bottle of "hemlock" in each cell is a good one. The prisoner can use it (or not) and potentially save the taxpayers money.

Posts: 8978 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    אַרְיֵה
    Picture of V-Tail
    posted Hide Post
    Flogging. Bring back flogging.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30864 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Three Generations
    of Service
    Picture of PHPaul
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by rusbro:
    I appreciate the sentiment, but removing body parts (at least certain ones) is just one more thing to make these people even less employable if/when they do return to society.

Do you simply want to punish, or do you want to put some effort into trying to redeem those who can be redeemed?

Edit to add: I'm not saying our current system does a good job...

Do we have any credible reference for recidivism statistics?

Too lazy to do the research, but I'd suspect our success rate at rehabilitating second offense felons is pretty dismal.

I'd be in favor of separate facilities for non-felon first offenders. One shot at rehabilitation. Repeat offender - off to Bendable's Penitentiary Home for Bad Little Boys you go.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15316 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    hello darkness
    my old friend
    Picture of gw3971
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    no tv , no radio, and hell no computer time.

You are going to pay your guards a shit ton of money to get them to work there. Tv keeps the inmates busy. Tv is the opiate of the masses and the time spent watching TV is time spent not fucking with prison staff.

hen I worked in prison my favorite time was when the inmates favorite shows came on. Back in the early 90's their favorite show was Cops.

In my prison the inmates are all issued TV's(which can be taken away) and they can watch the very fine programs like Happy days, Gilligan's island, Cops, Laverne and Shirley, and all kinds of educational programs.

Posts: 7727 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    I'm Fine
    Picture of SBrooks
    posted Hide Post
    yes to the TV or books. I'd let them read. Might keep them from causing more trouble if they have something to watch or read. But no weight rooms or exercise times. Just whatever you can do in your cell.

------------------
    SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Dances With
    Tornados
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by V-Tail:
    Flogging. Bring back flogging.

Isn’t that commonly done in Singapore? I don’t they mess around there.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    A Beautiful Mind
    Picture of DetonicsMk6
    posted Hide Post
    Do we have any credible reference for recidivism statistics.

Recidivism is one thing to measure. On the whole, 97% of people who go to prison will be released. This varies state to state by up to 6-7%. I haven't seen any of the studies where its less than 90%. We need to be able to break the pattern where possible as, generally, these folks will be out and will be our neighbors at some point.

Posts: 4817 | Registered: March 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Coin Sniper
    Picture of Rightwire
    posted Hide Post
    I'm ok with most of it. I'm 6'4, if I weighed 155lbs you would be able to see right through me.

Who is going to shower, feed, and wipe the bottoms of those who lose 14 digits? You might want to reduce that initial count so they aren't 100% dependent on staff for everything.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38040 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    Your ideas sound good but are not workable. I worked in a county jail for 17 years and you need the inmates to do the washing, food prep, and policing the country roads. We also sent trustees to the police stations to clean, wash cars etc. our jail housed 1225 inmates. I was in more fights with the inmates than most patrol deputies. We hired cops to work in the facility but they didn’t last long, couldn’t stand the pressure from being locked up with the prisoners for 8 1/2 hours in direct supervision of inmates. All the no tv, books or any recreation would be tough on staff. Our employee turnover was about 35/40 percent.

Officers lives matter!

Posts: 3265 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    Someone I know made this comment on serious crime.

1st offence short time served full training and rehabilitation.

2nd offence 5 years locked up no exceptions.

3rd offence death.

I guess he figured if the first two didn't work remove.

Posts: 923 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of heisrizn
    posted Hide Post
    If you have to do 6 months hard labor for the 1st offense and life for the 2nd, the prisons would have vacancy signs posted everywhere.

A lowlife may risk 6mo hard labor to sell drugs but once he has a taste of breaking big rocks up into little ones, the dealing days are over.

Posts: 1549 | Location: Fayetteville, NC | Registered: April 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    I have not yet begun
    to procrastinate
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    No prisoner will weigh more than 155 pounds, regardless of what you were brought in at , within the year , you will be down to 155 pounds or under. vegetarian diet, protien ,once a week

This is how people think about prison when they don't have a Single. Fucking. Clue.

--------
    After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3782 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post