SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Vehicle Floor Mats & Cargo Area Liners
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Vehicle Floor Mats & Cargo Area Liners Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I have husky on my Tacoma. Only went with them based on reviews online from other taco owners. Haven't had any complaints yet

Posts: 4756 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ACTEG
posted Hide Post
The new husky x-act, are nice. Good coverage like weathermen, but a rubber feel vice plastic. Not as slippery. I also tried maxfloormat brand. You can get them for half the price of weathertech/husky but they are half the quality in my opinion.

Posts: 3585 | Registered: March 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stoic-one:
No experience with Husky, but I love the WeatherTech products.

I have weathertech in two of our vehicles, and i have been impressed so far.

Posts: 6727 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: November 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ride the lightning
Picture of Killer Instincts
posted Hide Post
I've had Weathertech in my past three trucks, and prefer them over the Huskys in terms of looks and fit. Husky is still a good product, however. I'd look at them in person and see what you prefer.

Posts: 2167 | Location: Underway | Registered: March 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have tried both the WT and the husky x-act and prefer the husky. They are a soft rubber and fit great.

Posts: 868 | Location: Alabama | Registered: January 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Try Lloyd Mats too. Great stuff and reasonably priced.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16067 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Looks like a big majority for WeatherTech here. I just ordered the WeatherTech cargo area liner from Amazon -- the stone grey, $97 or so, shipped. Photos will be posted.

I'll be in the delivery truck, re-supplying stores for the next couple of days, then will take a look at passenger foot area mats when I get a chance, later this week.

Thanks for the input folks. With so many in favor of WeatherTech, I felt pretty comfortable ordering them.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30645 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rangeme101
posted Hide Post
You got great advice. But here are a few Pros/Cons I'll add from experience. If I had seen a review or knew before I bought I would have gone with the Husky in the second row. I have the weathertech in a 2011 Pilot and a 2001 F250 crew cab. had husky on a jeep YJ wrangler in the past.

Pilot - the fronts are excellent. the rear passenger 2nd row not so much. also the rear cargo area has no clips or nipples and it will move all over the place, especially when the 2nd row seat is down. its top surface is "grippy" and when you place an item of weight on it and then try to slide it around the liner will move around also. it will slide out the back if your not diligent about it.

Con #1 - problems with 2nd row seat floor area is the lip at the back (right under rear seat edge area) always folds over. its where your heels go when you sit in the seat. when the kids get in/out it gives no protection to the carpet area, allowing dirt to get under liners. the material is very flimsy. I have tried a few things to keep it from folding but fold it does. my next step is to see if a piece of Velcro will attach to liner and catch carpet to keep the edge from folding over. if you have nothing but adults riding in back on an occasion or two probably wont matter, but if kiddos will be in and out daily make sure they will not fold over.

Con #2 - the weathertech they have no nipples on the underside. they just use the factory, if the vehicle has them, floor mat clips (the plastic hook/clip embedded into the carpet) to keep them from moving around. again the fronts no problem. has the floor clips and the floor pan areas are like individual "tubs", so they cant go anywhere anyway. the rear has the floor clips but the floor area is flat and has no "well" area to hold the mat in place. and the rear factory floor clips don't catch as well as the front ones.

Con #3 - for the Pilot at the time I ordered, 2 yrs ago, they didn't have a 3rd row liner. we use the third row here and there and I would like to have a set. if that's a need for your Flex double check if anybody makes the 3rd row option.

F250 - fronts are ok due to factory floor mat clips utilized by weathertech. the rears have no factory clips and the liners have no nipples on the underside so the liner will move around with use. especially when the kiddos are back there. and the rear liner doesn't have a real "lip" all around. so if a liquid was to spill, wet shoes or mud or snow, it will not contain the spill. it would/could go into the carpet area.

Jeep - mats had the nipples underside and clips and never ever moved one bit.

I believe non of the rear cargo area liners, either brand, have the nipples.

Do your study on the liners and how each one is made if any of the above concerns are concerns of yours. quality wise both have been good. the jeep was used for 6 years daily and never had any issues. no heel wear through on driver and nipples never broke off on the underside.

" like i said,....i didn't build it, i didn't buy it, and i didn't break it."

Posts: 1299 | Location: N. Georgia | Registered: March 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aileron
posted Hide Post
We have Weathertech in one of our Ram 1500 trucks, Husky's in the other Ram. I have a slight preference for the Husky's in my wife's truck - better fit and less crap ends up on the carpets.

Make sure you research and understand the differences between Weathertech's liners and mats!

For the trunk, Weathertech is best.

Posts: 1480 | Location: Montana - bear country | Registered: March 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've had Weathertech in my Jeep for the last several years and definitely recommend them. Nothing else I have tried has fit as well as these. I have not tried the Husky liners though. Only con I can think of right now is the price. They are expensive, but, in my opinion, are worth it.

Posts: 1029 | Location: CT | Registered: March 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I've had both Weathertechs and Huskys. I prefer the Husky brand.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8013 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Paddle your
own canoe
Picture of BigWhup
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rtquig:
You might want to take a look at these:
http://www.autoanything.com/fl...ats/64a1455a0a0.aspx

I have put them in my last 3 vehicles. You get a good fit, colors match, and they hold up well.
Why buy a vehicle with carpet and then put a rubber mat over them. These have a rubber backing so they don't leak.

I have pair of these in my Frontier. For some reason a spot about the size of a nickel lost its "fuzz" the very first time my wife rode with me. No she didn't have her spike heels on!

Other than that they have held up well, but I think I would rather have the Weather Techs if I do it over.

Posts: 1553 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: August 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I've had Weathertech in my past three truck

Same here, I don't even look at anything else

Enjoy yours -

Posts: 425 | Location: Newport News, VA | Registered: October 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Just purchased a 2016 Expedition EL. Going to order Weather Techs for it. Husky does make a mat for the rear cargo area that covers everything with the 3rd row seats folded down. As far as I can tell Weather Tech does not.
So it might be Weather Techs everywhere but the cargo area and I will buy the Husky for that.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8524 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Weathertech for us, but really for only one reason that you don't have- Melting snow and salt!

Posts: 17880 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rock or Something
Picture of Marc in FL
posted Hide Post
I have Weather Tech mats in my Tacoma, great products and service. They look great and saved my truck from sand, salt water, and general wear that would have destroyed my interior. Also, WT's customer service is fantastic if you purchase direct. They were quick and efficient at handling my installation concerns and warranty issues.

Posts: 1131 | Location: Tampa Bay Area | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
I have both and I like the Weathertechs better. It sems they fit better.

I think both are US made, I know the WTs are.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8343 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
I have both. The Husky seems to be a better fit for the truck, and the weathertech in the fusion.

The huskys are easier to clean, but the weathertech looks better when clean. Mine look like carpet, but it takes some time and scrubbing to make them look clean. Both are doing the job of keeping my carpets looking new. Except where the children sit....who manage to rub their muddy boots all over every exposed and uncovered piece of carpet and trim they find.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13950 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post