SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Vehicle Floor Mats & Cargo Area Liners
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Vehicle Floor Mats & Cargo Area Liners Login/Join 
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted
My search for a vehicle with enough room to accommodate me extra-long legs ended this past weekend when I struck a deal on a used Ford Edge.

Really roomy! No problem at all with leg room / knee room.

Now, to protect the carpet. Cargo area liner and floor mats in the seating area.

It appears that the leading contenders are Husky and WeatherTech.

I'm going to start with the cargo area. Prices for the Husky and WeatherTech on Amazon are within a buck of each other.

How about quality? Comments appreciated.

If there's something better than the two brands I mentioned, please let me know.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30647 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
No experience with Husky, but I love the WeatherTech products.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6211 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Assault Accountant
Picture of 12GA
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stoic-one:
No experience with Husky, but I love the WeatherTech products.

This. The WeatherTech floor mats in my F150 and Explorer are both 10 years old and show no sign that they won't be around for 10 more years.

Posts: 2583 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
For floor pans, it's hard to beat Weathertech. The raised sidewalls really make it easy to remove accumulated liquid.

The cargo liner I find matters less, since there's likely to be less water/mud/etc. and it's really more about protecting the carpet.

I looked at Weathertech and Husky, but ended up going with Lloyds (RubberTite series) in the cargo area of my Cherokee.

Quite a bit cheaper and no complaints whatsoever. I ordered mine from AutoAnything. They're currently having a 24 hour sale - 25% Off using code EMR1727-105116

Should be able to get it for around $70 if you jump on that sale. I just checked the code against a Lloyd cargo mat, but it may very well work with WeatherTech and Husky as well (both of which AutoAnything carries). The e-mail doesn't list excluded brands.

-Rob

Posts: 16268 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
weathertech are the best, I get a great deal on them as well I'd be happy to pass along to any forum member. Usually 15-25% off MSRP

ETA: 7 in stock on the east cost for the cargo area, retail is $137.95, jobber is $117.26, my price is $87.95 plus shipping.

------------------------------------

├┼┼╕
246R

Posts: 3901 | Location: SE PA | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ShouldBFishin
posted Hide Post
I have the Husky Weatherbeater liners in both my pickup and my car. Bought the pickup liners in 2008. I liked those so much, they were the first purchase I made after buying a car. Also bought a set for Dad's pickup as well. They still look like new and do a great job of keeping the carpet clean. They're made in the USA and have a lifetime guarantee.

I have no experience with Weathertech, but based on the comments I've seen here I don't think I'd have an issue going with those either.

Posts: 1800 | Location: MN | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
I have WeatherTech in the Honda Odyssey (4 years now) and Husky Liners in the F-350 (2 years). The Husky Liners have deeper ridges which hold more sand, dirt, slush, spilled drinks, etc before they overflow. This was on issue in the Odyssey when one of my kids dropped a full drink and it overflowed the mat and soaked the carpet anyway.

They both fit well and are holding up well. I think the choice boils down to how each brand is designed for your particular vehicle.

Posts: 10913 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
I gotta go with the majority so far, and recommend WeatherTech. I have front floor mats for the '97 Corolla and a fitted liner for the rear hatch area in the '11 Venza.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kent j
posted Hide Post
The first thing I do after I buy a vehicle is order a set of Weathertech liners. I have one set that is over 10 yrs old. Still look great.

Regards, Kent j

You can learn something from everyone you meet, If nothing else you can learn you don't want to be like them
It's only racist to those who want it to be.
It's a magazine, clips are for potato chips and hair

Posts: 294 | Location: Southern Indiana | Registered: December 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have Weathertech, work and look great.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
One of the first things I did when I got my Mustang was order front floor mats from WeatherTech. Couldn't be happier.

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Weathertech is well made and the fit is excellent, the materials used are better.

We ordered a set of MaxFloor Mats and tray for the 16 Lincoln MCX at the recommendation of a dealer who puts them in new cars, the mats are less expensive and it shows, they fit, but not as nice as Weatertech, they went back.

Posts: 23393 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Weathertech all around in my Sienna.

Posts: 693 | Location: E. Central Missouri | Registered: January 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of valkyrie1
posted Hide Post
I have had both in various vehicles, Both Husky and Weather Tech are very good products, I ended up with Huskys in my 2013 Ram 2500 Crew Cab because at that time Weathertech did not have an application for that model. Whether dealing with snow or mud the Huskys are doing a good job protecting the interior.

Posts: 2306 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Congrats on the Edge.
For the 2015+ F150, it seems the Huskys are slightly preferred to the Weathertechs. IIRC, the WTs were warping a bit & not holding to the contours of the floor pan.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15285 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
I have Weathertech in my Wrangler and love 'em for the front. I bought the rear cargo mat, too, and I'm not really excited about that. Seemed overpriced and wasn't necessary,

If Ford offers a rear cargo mat you might want to consider it. My Honda Pilot has the OE mat an it's nice.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3397 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Snapping Twig
posted Hide Post
I put Weathertech mats and EB seat covers in my 2015 Edge.

Very happy!

Posts: 2831 | Registered: May 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Joie de vivre
Picture of sig229-SAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stoic-one:
I love the WeatherTech products.

What he said, WeatherTec makes a great product and they last. You won't be disappointed.

Posts: 3850 | Location: 1,960' up in Murphy, NC | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sig Sauer Kraut
posted Hide Post
Check craigslist for weathertech and husky. I got a used cargo area mat for like $20.

Posts: 691 | Registered: January 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
You might want to take a look at these:
http://www.autoanything.com/fl...ats/64a1455a0a0.aspx

I have put them in my last 3 vehicles. You get a good fit, colors match, and they hold up well.
Why buy a vehicle with carpet and then put a rubber mat over them. These have a rubber backing so they don't leak.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4014 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post