SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Gasoline <$2.00 gallon
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gasoline <$2.00 gallon Login/Join 
Picture of olfuzzy
posted
I got a pleasant surprise today when I went to fill up my truck. $1.96 per gallon.

If it would drop another $.18, it would be what I paid just before Katrina ($1.78). The closest it's come up until now was $1.98 and that was for a very brief period.

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vote the
BASTIDS OUT!
Picture of yanici
posted Hide Post
Yeah, gas is dropping but why isn't the home heating oil doing likewise?

John

"Building a wall will violate the rights of millions of illegals." [Nancy Pelosi]

Posts: 2411 | Location: N.E. Massachusetts | Registered: June 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
I paid $ 2.17 yesterday, as cheap as its been in a while.

Posts: 1956 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Okc had $1.79 for E10 2 days ago, this was Conoco-Phillips quality gas with the good additives.

Posts: 11856 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
St. Vitus
Dance Instructor
Picture of blueye
posted Hide Post
1.89 at the QT next to DFW airport.

Posts: 5305 | Location: basement | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of C-Dubs
posted Hide Post
Was near 'E' when I stopped for gas today.
$2.12/gallon...cheapest I've seen in the area for quite a while.

Prepaid for the pump, $40
Barely had enough room for the 19+ gallons.

“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”

Posts: 2863 | Location: SE WI | Registered: October 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
$1.99 at the Shell station off I-75 in Ooltawah TN yesterday.

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10588 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
Holy crap, it's $2.69 here in Conifer, although with my $1.00 off discount I got I paid 1.69 a few days ago!

Our grocery stores (King Soopers/Kroger) have a deal. For every $100 you spend in groceries you get .10 off per gallon at certain gas stations (Loaf n Jug). Some items are 2X or 3X fuel points every week as well. We are a family of 4 that never eat out so we usually spend $150 - $200 per week on groceries. For the month of November we got ~1,300 fuel points...$1.00 off on 1 visit, plus .30 off on another visit.

Posts: 5764 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
2.86 at the “cheap place” in Jerkwater. Ridiculous.
I was in San Antonio two days ago and filled up at $1.79 in the Universal City area.

Posts: 26922 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
$2.599 for 93 this morning here in N Houston.
IIRC, 87 was $1.899

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15347 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Filled up at $1.99

Posts: 1178 | Location: Upstate  | Registered: January 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Big Grin Fracking oil barons Big Grin

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23288 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
I was visiting my parents last week for Thanksgiving and the cheapest price in Wichita Falls, TX we could find was $2.09. We drove to West Texas to visit my sister and the prices were 89 cents a gallon higher. I don't understand the large price difference this trip. Usually the price difference is only about half that amount.

Posts: 3386 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
Yeah, still over $2.60/gal here, but down from around $3.00, so that's something.

We're smashed with gas taxes our asshole D governor put in place.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paten:
I was visiting my parents last week for Thanksgiving and the cheapest price in Wichita Falls, TX we could find was $2.09. We drove to West Texas to visit my sister and the prices were 89 cents a gallon higher. I don't understand the large price difference this trip. Usually the price difference is only about half that amount.
Oil boom in W. Texas and negligible refining capacity.

A good example of their oil boom is a room at the Holiday Inn Express in Witchita Falls going for $99.20 and in Midland is going for $317.60 (price goes to $122.22 over the holidays when there aren't oil & gas business travelers).

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23288 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Traveled from Omaha 2.17
St. Joe, Mo. 2.05
Columbia, Mo 2.09
Evansville, In. 2.05
Frankfort, Ky 2.12
2.79 in Spencer, Wv. A sobering welcome home.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
Oil boom in W. Texas and negligible refining capacity.

Pipelines become important also- All the oil in the world and no way to get it to market.

I think it's around $3.29 for regular here in the Seattle area and they just voted for some stupid carbon tax which will increase it even more.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13404 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
Bought gas yesterday for $1.99 at Wallyworld.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
2.95 here in Las Vegas.

Posts: 8151 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In my corner of WA state it's $2.96. That's from a fill up a few days ago.

Posts: 1474 | Location: Washington | Registered: August 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post