SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    May I brag for a moment and congratulate my niece and nephews?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

May I brag for a moment and congratulate my niece and nephews? Login/Join 
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted

My nephew on the far right just graduated this week from his residency program at the Cleveland Clinic. My niece (in the middle) just graduated with a PhD in mathematics 2-3 weeks ago.

From left to right, my brother (PhD Physics), my niece (PhD Mathematics) and, and my two nephews who are physicians.

I should add that the brains behind the family is my SIL, who is taking the picture.

Posts: 12459 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats to the Grads!

STEM is great.

Any chance any of them being Left Handed? I've been in R&D a long time and we get a lot of South Paws (myself included).

Posts: 266 | Registered: September 12, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
Bragging is always approved, but I would strongly urge them to see an optometrist immediately. Some weird genetic thing going on.

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1951 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Loswsmith:
Bragging is always approved, but I would strongly urge them to see an optometrist immediately. Some weird genetic thing going on.

Thats some funny shit there. No offence intended

Posts: 952 | Location: Mason, Ohio | Registered: September 16, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Very cool. Plus they can always fall back on Korean movie poster appearances.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12399 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
It ain't bragging if you can do it.

Congratulations to all!!!

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36838 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well congrats. I am sure the recent grads will appreciate looking just like the pictures in medical textbooks illustrating specific diseases.

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
How challenging was it to earn a PhD with black rectangles over their eyes?

Is it a family trait or something? Razz

Seriously - Congrats to your family. That is an achievement well worth noting.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14034 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
All comments were received with laughter.

As to the question regarding dominant hand, none of them are leftys. I was but our Dad made me switch as a kid so I could "shoot properly." It somewhat took. I still can't shoot a bow right handed or play a guitar.

As to the unanswered question, they all might own a SIG or two with a few EBRs to keep them company.

His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
Impressive that they graduated while being blindfolded.

Just kidding. Congratulations, indeed. Physics and Math. I guess they wanted the easy lay-up degrees. That's awesome.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19645 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's not bragging! It's showing your invisible friends what a great family you have there!!!!!

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
Is that Zorro college ?

Seriously, Congratulations on their accomplishments.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16509 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
That’s impressive. I don’t consider stating the accomplishments of others to be bragging. I tell my own kids and the students I sub for that if you are truly good at something there will be no need to tell anyone because they will tell you.

Posts: 10908 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
Awesome!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13950 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Photographed in an undisclosed location!
Congrats!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16067 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
It is not bragging as long as it is the "Truth"...Congrats to all........... drill sgt.

Posts: 1999 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
All subjects may (or may not) participate in the witness protection program...

Congrats to you and yours!

Posts: 9140 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
A PhD in Math is a serious accomplishment.

Not that Physics and Medicine are anything to sneeze at....but Math, wow!

Great brag! Congratulations to them all!

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
Awesome and very impressive accomplishments.

Posts: 1953 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rsbolo:
A PhD in Math is a serious accomplishment.

Not that Physics and Medicine are anything to sneeze at....but Math, wow!

Great brag! Congratulations to them all!

About a year or two into her PhD program, my SIL sent me a picture of her standing in front of two massive whiteboards she had used to solve something. It was like pictures you see of Oppenheimer from the 40s. Me? I need a calculator as soon as I run out of toes.

My brother works at NASA, she turned down a tenure track math professor offer at a large private university and is heading to Sandia National Laboratory. My nephews are ER docs.