SIGforum
May I brag for a moment and congratulate my niece and nephews?

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/1510077294

June 17, 2022, 10:27 AM
BB61
May I brag for a moment and congratulate my niece and nephews?

My nephew on the far right just graduated this week from his residency program at the Cleveland Clinic. My niece (in the middle) just graduated with a PhD in mathematics 2-3 weeks ago.

From left to right, my brother (PhD Physics), my niece (PhD Mathematics) and, and my two nephews who are physicians.

I should add that the brains behind the family is my SIL, who is taking the picture.

June 17, 2022, 12:00 PM
clang
Congrats to the Grads!

STEM is great.

Any chance any of them being Left Handed? I've been in R&D a long time and we get a lot of South Paws (myself included).
June 17, 2022, 12:00 PM
Loswsmith
Bragging is always approved, but I would strongly urge them to see an optometrist immediately. Some weird genetic thing going on.

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi
June 17, 2022, 12:21 PM
Schmelby
quote:
Originally posted by Loswsmith:
Bragging is always approved, but I would strongly urge them to see an optometrist immediately. Some weird genetic thing going on.

Thats some funny shit there. No offence intended
June 17, 2022, 12:23 PM
Georgeair
Very cool. Plus they can always fall back on Korean movie poster appearances.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

June 17, 2022, 12:23 PM
P-220
It ain't bragging if you can do it.

Congratulations to all!!!

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve
June 17, 2022, 12:31 PM
ZSMICHAEL
Well congrats. I am sure the recent grads will appreciate looking just like the pictures in medical textbooks illustrating specific diseases.
June 17, 2022, 12:36 PM
LS1 GTO
How challenging was it to earn a PhD with black rectangles over their eyes?

Is it a family trait or something? Razz

Seriously - Congrats to your family. That is an achievement well worth noting.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

June 17, 2022, 01:27 PM
BB61
All comments were received with laughter.

As to the question regarding dominant hand, none of them are leftys. I was but our Dad made me switch as a kid so I could "shoot properly." It somewhat took. I still can't shoot a bow right handed or play a guitar.

As to the unanswered question, they all might own a SIG or two with a few EBRs to keep them company.

June 17, 2022, 01:33 PM
Rey HRH
Impressive that they graduated while being blindfolded.

Just kidding. Congratulations, indeed. Physics and Math. I guess they wanted the easy lay-up degrees. That's awesome.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.
June 17, 2022, 02:16 PM
wreckdiver
That's not bragging! It's showing your invisible friends what a great family you have there!!!!!

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton
June 17, 2022, 02:29 PM
WaterburyBob
Is that Zorro college ?

Seriously, Congratulations on their accomplishments.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards
June 17, 2022, 02:33 PM
trapper189
That’s impressive. I don’t consider stating the accomplishments of others to be bragging. I tell my own kids and the students I sub for that if you are truly good at something there will be no need to tell anyone because they will tell you.
June 17, 2022, 03:32 PM
AKSuperDually
Awesome!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.rikrlandvs.com
June 17, 2022, 03:43 PM
YooperSigs
Photographed in an undisclosed location!
Congrats!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles
June 17, 2022, 04:06 PM
drill sgt
It is not bragging as long as it is the "Truth"...Congrats to all........... drill sgt.
June 17, 2022, 04:32 PM
.38supersig
All subjects may (or may not) participate in the witness protection program...

Congrats to you and yours!

June 17, 2022, 04:56 PM
rsbolo
A PhD in Math is a serious accomplishment.

Not that Physics and Medicine are anything to sneeze at....but Math, wow!

Great brag! Congratulations to them all!

June 17, 2022, 06:29 PM
SSgt USMC/Vet
Awesome and very impressive accomplishments.
June 17, 2022, 07:16 PM
BB61
quote:
Originally posted by rsbolo:
A PhD in Math is a serious accomplishment.

Not that Physics and Medicine are anything to sneeze at....but Math, wow!

Great brag! Congratulations to them all!

About a year or two into her PhD program, my SIL sent me a picture of her standing in front of two massive whiteboards she had used to solve something. It was like pictures you see of Oppenheimer from the 40s. Me? I need a calculator as soon as I run out of toes.

My brother works at NASA, she turned down a tenure track math professor offer at a large private university and is heading to Sandia National Laboratory. My nephews are ER docs.