SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Photo editing software?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Photo editing software? Login/Join 
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
Picture Window Pro, and it's now free http://www.dl-c.com/

Picture Window Pro is a powerful photo editing tool designed for serious photographers with demanding creative and quality standards. Its comprehensive set of photo manipulation and retouching tools allow you to control and shape every aspect of your images. Here is a sampling of features:
  • Raw converter with highlight recovery & noise reduction
  • Color management and 16/48 bit color support
  • Advanced sharpening
  • Lens falloff, distortion and aberration corrections
  • HDR image stacking
  • Masking and compositing
  • Zone transformations for independent adjustment of tonality ranges
  • Batch workflow for automating operations
  • Sidecar files store/replay editing operations
  • Support for print proofing profiles
  • Layout, multi-page photo albums, tile printing
  • Scanner and Camera ICC Profiling Tool
  • Frame and Mat Designer

Posts: 4010 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
An old package that came with an Olympus camera & an old copy of MS Paint as the newer versions seem to do less and less ... I've never really looked for anything else as the Olympus package allows for gamma/shades of grey/color/tint adjusting, cropping and resizing and a host of other things but I'm sure it's primitive compared to the programs available now. Plus, I'm not particularly creative As you can tell by the pictures I've posted!

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5707 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

My needs are not that great. I used to use Lightroom (in fact I purchased my first version license when it was offered as an introductory special). But the latest "stand-alone" version has so many cloud "hooks" that I quit using it on principle. I do not do cloud programs, or subscription programs. Currently, I use GraphicConverter and Pixelmator (on the Mac).

Posts: 10786 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post