SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Photo editing software?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Photo editing software? Login/Join 
Where there's smoke,
there's fire!!
Picture of techguy
posted
What are you folks using?

Posts: 1773 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: February 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
Adobe Photoshop Elements.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
What are your needs and budget?

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GaryBF:
Adobe Photoshop Elements.

Me too. It does everything I want or need. It takes awhile to figure everything out but becomes intuitive after you use it for awhile.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lightroom

Posts: 1188 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Different!
Picture of mrbill345
posted Hide Post
First - what rusbhro said & what platform do you use?

I use (in order of frequency:
1. Affinity Photo
2. Will be trying Luminar from MacPhun soon. I've seen some positive reviews. I have their Creative Kit & Love Snapheal, Noiseless, & occasionally use the others.
3. When nothing else will do what I want, I with to my old Mac Pro & fire up Photoshop CS6. (I refuse to pay monthly for when I used to pay once. I upgraded every other release so I averaged $5/month).

“Agnostic, gun owning, conservative, college educated hillbilly”

Posts: 4139 | Location: Middle Finger of WV | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
depends on editing but a combination of adobe lightroom and photoshop CC

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
I was using CS7, we recently bought lightroom, still getting used to it.

------------------------------------

├┼┼╕
246R

Posts: 3901 | Location: SE PA | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
The usual suspects: Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Lightroom, Premiere Pro, Experience Design, Dreamweaver, Elements...

I drank the Adobe kool-aid back when it was the only drink available. I'm too old to learn new tricks, now.

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
Lightroom and Photoshop. Both are the subscription based CC versions.

Posts: 13048 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
I've been using ACDSee products for years. Very happy both with photo management and editing aspects.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16270 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Elements, but I need to find a good tutorial as I'm finding it more than a bit confusing.

Posts: 13681 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Lightroom CC®

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lightroom and Photoshop via their CC subscription service. This may be overkill for your needs or perhaps not depending on how much editing you actually want to do.

-------------
$

Posts: 7655 | Location: Mid-Michigan, USA | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Karmanator
Picture of Chance
posted Hide Post
I use paint.net It is free and does everything I need. Cropping, resizing, layers, effects.

https://www.getpaint.net/

GIMP is also good - also free.

Posts: 3276 | Registered: December 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
I used an old photoshop elements until it wouldn't load onto the new computer. I found a free program, PhotoPad by NCH software, it seems to do almost everything my old photoshop did.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!
Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners-George Carlin

Posts: 2039 | Location: Central FL | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JeffreyD103
posted Hide Post
I use Photoscape (free) and the photo editing software program that came with my Canon DSLR.

Photoscape is uber-easy to use.

I forget what the Canon stuff is called. Works well for what I want to do.

----------------------------------------------------------
Sooner or later everyone sits down to a banquet of consequences.

Posts: 688 | Location: Reading, Penna. | Registered: February 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
GIMP.

I don't do subscription models, nor pay when free alternatives exist.

Though in the past have used Photoshop and Lightroom a ton, ACDSee too, for that matter.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Elements or Lightroom.

Check out http://www.photo-freeware.net/
lots of various editing and other useful tools that are free

NRA Endowment Member
USAF 1958-1970
Master Instructor 1969-1970
Georgia Gun Owners Member

Posts: 237 | Location: Atlanta, GA, USA | Registered: February 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Mostly GIMP these days; it's freeware that works very well. I got tired of the Photoshop upgrade treadmill, especially for a package that I don't use as much as I once did, though every so often I'll still use it because what I need done is easier with PS instead of any other package.

I also have a license for Paint Shop Pro as well. It's more user-friendly than PS but it's installed on an older computer that's as slow as watching paint dry and I've been too lazy to move it over to a newer computer.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post