SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I don't want an electric car
Page 1 ... 15 16 17 18
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I don't want an electric car Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:

So EV’s can be good for our great country.

You'll never convince me of this. Also where am I charging an EV with no garage or driveway and only street parking at my house?

Posts: 34469 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
The EV hate is so strong. If it doesn't work for you. Don't buy one. If it works. Buy one.

Almost like it's cool to hate on them. Its like hating on a glock cause all your buddies talk trash about them and love Sigs or whatever instead so you assume the same mentality for little to no reason.

Maybe I'm sensitive cause I drive one. Like a buddy of yours making fun of a fat chick while he doesn't know your wife is a little heavy. *shrug*

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8920 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by myrottiety:
If it doesn't work for you. Don't buy one. If it works. Buy one.

This is the key.

Where the simplicity of that statement goes foul, however, is that Big Gov is trying to tell us that we MUST buy one.

God bless America.

Posts: 13824 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
quote:

This is the key.

Where the simplicity of that statement goes foul, however, is that Big Gov is trying to tell us that we MUST buy one.

I think TRYING is the key word. It'll never happen... not at least for a LONG time. 50 years from now or something. May be a different story as tech / batteries, manufacturing, and infrastructure fix a whole host of issues. But that' not happening for a long time.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8920 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
It'll never happen... not at least for a LONG time. 50 years from now or something. May be a different story as tech / batteries, manufacturing, and infrastructure fix a whole host of issues. But that' not happening for a long time.

But are they not essentially forcing it, by way of making "suitable" ICE vehicles unachieveable?

"Oh, no, mister citizen! Fuel economy requirements are now 65mpg or better! Can't do that? Well, we guess you'd better buy an electric. Sorry 'bout the ever-changing goalposts for traditional technology. Tough luck, buddy...."

God bless America.

Posts: 13824 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
quote:

This is the key.

Exactly, this is my issue. Abolish the EPA

Posts: 1186 | Location: DFW Metromess | Registered: May 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aglifter:
Eh, maybe, but there’d be all manner of maintenance issues - that low of a usage is really hard on an IC drivetrain.

Maintenance issues weren't the topic; fuel cost/consumption was.

God bless America.

Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
The EV hate is so strong. If it doesn't work for you. Don't buy one. If it works. Buy one.

Almost like it's cool to hate on them. Its like hating on a glock cause all your buddies talk trash about them and love Sigs or whatever instead so you assume the same mentality for little to no reason.

Is the government going to heavily subsidize the Glock and make it extremely difficult for Sig to keep producing?

I'll hate on them until the government stays out of it. I don't want to be forced to pay for something I don't want. Obviously, that goes for most things government does.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24554 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:

Maybe I'm sensitive cause I drive one. Like a buddy of yours making fun of a fat chick while he doesn't know your wife is a little heavy. *shrug*

Might as well get used to it. It’s going to continue.

The funniest story I have in these 10 years is pulling into a laser engraver in my Electric Toaster. I had just gotten my stamp from the ATF and it took fucking forever. So before I can Glock like remove my 16” barrel and insert my OEM 10” barrel (barrel change is 2 tabs on the rifle like a Glock), it needed to be engraved. I drive up there. And there is a customer gatekeeping the front door. Class 2 FFL (maybe Class 3). I walk in and he says “Are you lost?” I say no, of course not, here to get my rifle engraved so I can put on my short barrel. He demands to see it. I show him. I’m thinking he works there. Nope, just a got damn customer. He starts in on the car, EV this and that. During this the actual employee comes out, says my name (I had an appointment), writes down what I want laser engraved (Gun Trust name), and takes the rifle in the back to get it done after reviewing my stamp. Customer then starts asking 50 questions about the car and why I drive it. I explain it’s for cost reasons. I have panels on the house so it makes perfect sense financially. He then explains he daily drives a big V8 truck that guzzles fuel and how he spends at least $600 a month on gas just to get to the airport where he is a commercial airline mechanic (engines). I explain to him the lease is $200 (didn’t own it at the time) and juice is more or less free, pennies on the dollar. He then has an epiphany and says “Got damn, your car would save me hundreds per month” and I reply “That’s the entire fucking point genius. Are you understanding basic finance now?” He went from being a sarcastic prick to put in his place.

This shit will continue so just get used to it. IDGAF, it’s entertaining to read that the car dealers have AK’s pointed at customer’s heads “No you cannot buy that gas car/CUV/truck, you MUST buy an EV!!!!” Big Grin The government can try whatever they want, the raisin and his ilk are fucked in November, shit is over. Auto mfr’s are pulling back on this EV shit and it’s starting to dial back. In the end, at least in the USA, the market will decide. For people that need an EV just as a commuter they make good sense providing you can buy a lower cost option. For many people they aren’t going to work, and we do not have the electric grid infrastructure to support it anyway.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12905 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
the market will decide.

And that's what We the People want. Smile

God bless America.