SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    ATTN - Virginia Voters
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

ATTN - Virginia Voters Login/Join 
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted
June 13, 2017 Virginia Republican Party State Primary

How will you vote?

And why?

Question:
Governor

Choices:
Ed W. Gillespie
Corey A. Stewart
Frank W. Wagner

Question:
Do you pledge to support the Republican nominee for Governor in the general election?

Choices:
Yes
No

God Bless and Protect President Donald John Trump.

VOTE EARLY TO BEAT THE CHEAT!!!

Posts: 17546 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gillespe is a no show on just about everything
Corey is not trump,
Wagner seems more stable of the two

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
I'm voting with the VCDL but I'll vote for anybody but a democrat in the general.

Posts: 13829 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Same here. I'd stick my dick into a bear trap before voting for a democrat.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15529 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ravens1775
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
I'm voting with the VCDL but I'll vote for anybody but a democrat in the general.

Ditto. Not so sure about that bear trap, though.

Posts: 744 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 21, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:

All three spout second amendment platitudes. The short of it is, as fine as second amendment rights go, they all say the same thing.

That being said, we need a governer that will not be a bonner, mcconnel, mccain. Gillespe is most like those three. Corey Stewart is not, He is how ever not trump. In his favor he has won 3 times in nova. Wagner is more level headed and toned, with more exp than stewart.

We need a governor that can put Va back on a good financial track. That can get rid of some of the clinton jackasses regulations and rulings. Then make them stick. The problem with stewart is that he may not be able to do that.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Voted Gillespie purely because he's the favorite and I honestly haven't done any research. Second question is a non starter.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21108 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Voted Gillespie purely because he's the favorite and I honestly haven't done any research. Second question is a non starter.

I am not sure he is. He has skipped almost every publicty venue that one or both of tge otgers might attend. He has not participated in debates.

Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
Stewart has already proven his 2A bona fides. He worked to eliminate the fees for CHP's in our county. State law required a minimum fee of fifteen bucks, so that's where we are now. His campaign also raffled off an AR. He's promised to sign a Constitutional Carry bill.

He's been hardline on illegal immigration, and the violent crime rate in our county has dropped significantly. And has successfully cut taxes. He proposes eliminating our state income tax.

gillespie is a two time loser, a RINO, and pretty much just a lobbyist. He'll play for pay.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:
quote:

I am not sure he is. He has skipped almost every publicty venue that one or both of tge otgers might attend. He has not participated in debates.

If that's the case, haven't looked at polls in a while I'll change to Stewart. More conservative, has actually won an election, and endorses our president. He was way behind Gillespie recently.

I'll be voting for whoever gets the nod though.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21108 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

If that's the case, haven't looked at polls in a while I'll change to Stewart. More conservative, has actually won an election, and endorses our president. He was way behind Gillespie recently.

I'll be voting for whoever gets the nod though.

Same here

Too soon old,
Too late smart
posted Hide Post
Gillespie reminds me of Rinse Prewash..too wimpish and establishment. I like Corey but you gotta win and in VA these days I think he'd be a real long shot.

Wagner is my choice at least as of now.

NRA Life Member
Member Isaac Walton League

I wouldn't let anyone do to me what I've done to myself

Posts: 1500 | Location: NoVa | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wagner is the only one I'm getting mail items from. I'll go with him, though it may be Gillespie selected.

Actually; I may be at the show in Chantilly on Saturday looking around...I'll vote for the guy that shows up there.

Posts: 3387 | Location: Fairfax Co. VA | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rat2306:
Wagner is the only one I'm getting mail items from. I'll go with him, though it may be Gillespie selected.

Actually; I may be at the show in Chantilly on Saturday looking around...I'll vote for the guy that shows up there.

The midalitian show on sundat had a Gillespie booth, not one person in it during the two hours i was there.

posted Hide Post
It doesn't matter who the republicans run. I will be voting against the cretin Ralph Northam (D).

----------------------------------------------------
Dances with Crabgrass

Posts: 2183 | Location: East Virginia | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by rat2306:

The midalitian show on sundat had a Gillespie booth, not one person in it during the two hours i was there.

I'll report back Saturday on whether anyone showed at their booth, or in person.

Posts: 3387 | Location: Fairfax Co. VA | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
I live in Prince William County so I am very familiar with Corey Stewart. He led the way for our county to do away with our CCP fee, he is very pro 2nd amendment for which he gets my vote.

Posts: 1970 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
I've gone to a couple debate type events and not see Gillespie show up to any of them. Stewart seems to have some good ideas and has a good 2a record.

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6528 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I didn't see any Governor candidates there; but someone was stumping for Jill Vogel for Lt. Gov. at a Republican Party table and Gillespie stuff was there. As I was leaving I think they were announcing one of the other Lt. Gov. candidates was to show (Bryce Reeves if the bio I heard was correct). Several folks talked highly of Stewart.

Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Shugart:
I'd stick my dick into a bear trap before voting for a democrat.

This quote should be carved in stone for all eternity.

Posts: 8881 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post