SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    ATTN - Virginia Voters
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

ATTN - Virginia Voters Login/Join 
Too clever by half
Picture of jigray3
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Shugart:
Same here. I'd stick my dick into a bear trap before voting for a democrat.

You have a way with words, Jimmy. We need to get together sometime.

Realistically, I'll take Gillespie. He stands a chance in what I hate to admit is a purple state these days. We need to build a wall alright, but build it between DC/MD and VA. Those are the immigrants I want to stop.

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work, and increasingly subsidizes non-work" - Milton Friedman

Posts: 10359 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: December 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevbo:
Talked to Stewart at the gun show....ended up voting for him

Looks like he is going down in a tight race

It's too bad

I like what Stewart says more, but I think he gets hammered like Cuccinelli did...

Will vote Gillespie in the fall. We desperately need a republican governor

Disappointing. I don't think anyone is beating dem, nowadays, sad change. We're blue, Frown

Will vote for him, but rather have more conservative option. Maybe he'll keep the dems from mobilizing like Stewart would have.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21108 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
A reminder: Gillespie would have narrowly beat Mark Warner in the 2014 VA senate election if it had not been for the third party candidate who drained off just enough REP votes.

Warner won by 17,727 votes out of over 2 million votes cast in that election.

Posts: 19759 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gillespie might have won against Warner had he and his campaign manager not insulted and belittled gun owners in general and VCDL members and leadership in particular. I'll probably hold my nose and vote for him, just to keep the democrat from winning.

Posts: 1323 | Location: Gainesville, VA | Registered: February 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Bummer. I would have voted for Corey. Finished within 1% or so.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24583 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
Yeah, he finished within 4000 votes. He was going to contest it but has decided not to.
He'll be on Larry OConnel's show on WMAL this afternoon.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post