SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    2021 Harley Davidson Models information
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2021 Harley Davidson Models information Login/Join 
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
HRK I like that HD are coming out with retro styled bikes like this. They look cool and being made in limited numbers it lets HD and their dealers make huge profits per unit.
My problem with HD is they seem obsessed with these limiteds, CVO's, Specials, at the expense of discontinuing models that real, everyday riders would buy such as Electra Glide Standard, Road King, basic bikes without the fluff.

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7083 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truckin' On
Picture of AH.74
posted Hide Post
Congrats, Yooper. I've heard very good things about the Pan American. Looking forward to hearing more about it.

ridewv- I feel exactly the same way. They claim to want to expand their market but at the same time seem to be limiting their target.

Posts: 7344 | Location: Hermit’s Peak | Registered: November 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One thing about the Harley dealership: I think they are a full line dealer with all the gear that goes with the "Harley lifestyle" and lots of bikes. But... I was in and out of the place multiple times over 3 days and with the exception of a few parts sales, it was deserted. I was the sole person in the place most of the time. And this is at the start of warm weather Yoop riding season so I thought they would be busy. Could be why they were so helpful with the deal!
And they sell Mahindra tractors. So there's that. Tomorrow is supposed to be gorgeous weather wise, so I plan to scoot. Ride report will follow. My luck with posting photos isnt good, so I would appreciate if someone was to volunteer to host for me.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16070 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ridewv:
HRK I like that HD are coming out with retro styled bikes like this. They look cool and being made in limited numbers it lets HD and their dealers make huge profits per unit.
My problem with HD is they seem obsessed with these limiteds, CVO's, Specials, at the expense of discontinuing models that real, everyday riders would buy such as Electra Glide Standard, Road King, basic bikes without the fluff.

There are a few basic bikes, they have two of the new Sportster Nightsters one is $13,500 with the new 1250 engine completely redsigned frame, engine etc.

Cruiser line has the Softail Standard at $14,000 plus 3 other sub $20 K models

Touring line did lose the basic standard fl, but that's the hot line for HD, everyone wants the big bike but you sill have some close to $20k bikes.

Thing is HD isn't trying to be the least expensive, and making these in Union plants in the USA has higher costs than building something in China, Korea, Japan.

They have trimmed the lines down, which is good, there were too many offerings at one time.

Posts: 23403 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post