SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    FL's Lee County Sheriff’s Office SWAT sniper took out bank robber/hostage taker with shot through computer monitor
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

FL's Lee County Sheriff’s Office SWAT sniper took out bank robber/hostage taker with shot through computer monitor Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Gotta love our Florida Sheriffs! As a group I think they are the best of the best.
Who ever said the conduct/action was excessive just has a comic book concept of reality.
Thank you Lee County S.O.

Posts: 536 | Location: Ocala, FL | Registered: October 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
“Nothing succeeds like success,” and I wasn’t the one taking the shot, so this isn’t criticism, but I do wonder why the monitor was hit if he could see the BG’s head at all. Did he forget the offset between the sight and bore line at such a short distance (as I have been guilty of in a nonstressful range session myself)?

The deputy narrating the video said the suspect was hit in the center of his forehead. Could the shot have been better than that?

Posts: 11610 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
The negotiator had no idea what was going through the guys head at the moment, but knew what it would be shortly.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38203 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
Pretty dang quiet for a .308. I wonder what suppressor he was using.

Most mics clip sound level or simply do not record the sound (gunfire) as it occurs outside the range of the audio logic/circuit.

And in some cases, the recording seems to sound like a duck quacking...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44458 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post