SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What do you want for your birthday?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What do you want for your birthday? Login/Join 
Picture of Green Highlander
posted Hide Post
I have my 50th coming up in a few months. Told her I don't want a party but there is a watch I want. I find a good watch is a great way to celebrate and commemorate certain milestones.

"You know, Scotland has its own martial arts. Yeah, it's called Fuck You. It's mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they're on the ground." - Charlie MacKenzie (Mike Myers in "So I Married an Axe Murderer")

Posts: 2387 | Location: Seacoast, NH | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
New Socks. Angel food cake with strawberries. A good movie with my wife and i wrapped in a warm blanket. Birthday sex.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
32nd degree
Picture of roarindan
posted Hide Post
2 things I'll never get...peace on earth and a winning lottery ticket.

"the world doesn't end til yer dead, 'til then there's more beatin's in store, stand it like a man, and give some back"
Al Swearengen

Posts: 4586 | Location: East Overshoe, second buckle from the top. | Registered: January 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
Usually some gun part or accessory.

Do not try an get creative and surprise me. Just get me what I f'ing ask for. Cause you know what?.. I actually want that. That's why I asked for it.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8852 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
Make me something special for dinner and eat it with me. Netflix and chill afterwards. I buy anything I want for myself, so I don't really need or want extra stuff. If I really want it and don't already have it, it's probably too expensive to give as a gift anyway. Like the B1 bomber that I have on my wishlist.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3514 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Kinda sappy but, Yes, like others above:

1) Spend time together
2) Eat something nice
3) Gift is usually along the lines of a pair of Darned Tough or some basic necessity.

We make these events (birthdays, anniversary, Christmas, etc) more about mending / being thankful / strengthening our relationship and less about things.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12719 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No worries!
Picture of Chach
posted Hide Post
Personally, I prefer nothing but a nice get together family meal which is simple enough since my brother and parents live in the same city as I do. Brother and I don't get each other anything unless it's something small. My nephews will always get me a movie or something VW or NY Ranger related though.

Best two gifts I've received from friends though were a 6-pack of carb cleaner and 200 rds of various calibers.

Posts: 3188 | Location: NorCal - Sac | Registered: February 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post