SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What do you want for your birthday?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What do you want for your birthday? Login/Join 
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
A beej and a sack of loot. Simple.

Posts: 45374 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
I keep a running "wish list" on the computer that my wife can email to anyone if they choose to send me a gift...for xmas to birthdays....

usually it's just a link to midway for some 6mm Sierra Match Kings or Blitzkings...

a nice camp shirt or something for those who don't condone my gun fetish...

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11284 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Just had one. My wife and kids got me a Fender Princeton Reverb '65 Reissue amp. Nice

I don't like to acknowledge B-days either, but hey...

Posts: 13263 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Facts are stubborn things
Picture of armedprof
posted Hide Post
...always a tough question.

All my true wants are outside of the Birthday/Christmas/Fathers Day/V-Day/Anniversary budget. If she wanted to spend $500 plus the list is long. At $100 or less, I generally just buy it.

I generally don't like necessities. If it is a necessity, I will get it when I need it.

My birthday is coming up next month. I guess I better start thinking about it more...

The expensive list - 229 Legion, Taylor 414CE, Marshall 1960A Cabinet, Marshall JCM800 50 watt head, Colt SAA, Ferrari - any except the Mondial.

Do, Or do not. There is no try.

Posts: 1786 | Location: Just South of Charlotte, NC | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
I guess hookers and blow is not an option.

I usually buy the things I want/need if funds allow.

To me doing somewhere for a weekend or some kind of trip would be the best thing. I like to see new places and travel through. Doesn't have to be expensive just getting away and out of the house where I don't have to deal with the normal home/life stuff.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16400 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of billnchristy
posted Hide Post
I got lucky this year, a game my wife loved on ps1 was released for ps4 a week after hers and The Smiths The Queen is Dead 5lp set comes out the day after mine.

Done!

------------------------------------
My books on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/William-...id=1383531982&sr=8-1
email if you'd like auto'd copies.

Posts: 17916 | Location: Lawrenceville GA | Registered: April 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of redleg2/9
posted Hide Post
At my age? I would like a gift card from God for 35 more years. Smile

“Leave the Artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot. . .”
– Napoleon Bonaparte

http://poundsstudio.com/

Posts: 2275 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: January 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by redleg2/9:
for 35 more years.

As old as I am, that might get pretty ugly at the far end.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18388 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of redleg2/9
posted Hide Post
quote:
As old as I am, that might get pretty ugly at the far end.

It will put me at 101, but I'm sure God has a great Customer Service Policy. Smile

“Leave the Artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot. . .”
– Napoleon Bonaparte

http://poundsstudio.com/

Posts: 2275 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: January 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
I'm going to ask for car to be buffed & polished. Exciting huh?

And birthday BJ.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20824 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
Maybe an upper for my ar-10, or some new computer parts.

Posts: 8146 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
And birthday BJ.

Haven't gotten one of those in a long time.

(Darnit!)

God bless America.

Posts: 13503 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
A guided fishing trip (local even) where all I have to do is show up with lunch. That's be cool and it doesn't accumulate more shit in the house.

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12933 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll be 50 in a few months and I already know my friends are planning a party.
I'd settle for a home cooked supper, family, friends and a card really.
Same goes for Christmas.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would prefer it was forgotten. I'll usually schedule a vacation day, when I have them, and sleep in. Do nothing, just relax. I would happily go all day without seeing anyone at all.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2741 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
a 36 " waist

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54644 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
My Wife is a great cook.

I ask for Fajitas or Apple Strudel.

Maybe grind our own meet for burgers.

My Birthday is in April so grilling is possible.

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

Wife and I do not "celebrate" holidays of any sort, including birthdays, anniversaries, regular US holidays. Instead, we give when we feel like it, and it means more because it is not associated with a "date". It has been a tradition since we were married 25 years ago, and has saved me some abarrassment at certain times of the year.

Posts: 10786 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
Free license plate renewal tabs for my vehicles.

Posts: 7357 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
A load of cash would be my first choice, but I think a great dinner is going to be it. My only choice will be deciding on steak or Walleye. Probably Walleye, it's not that far to drive to get it where I want to get it from.

Posts: 214 | Location: Ohio | Registered: January 01, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post