SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Maybe it's time we turn this mask thing around
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Maybe it's time we turn this mask thing around Login/Join 
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
I have a good friend in the printing business. If push comes to shove I will get a vaccination.......card.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5689 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
Just got back from a classic car show. Not one single mask to be seen. Not going, coming, or anywhere in between.

Of course, the classic car crowd are real Americans, so they probably weren’t into government control in the form of a mask anyway.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8220 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Krazeehorse:
I have a good friend in the printing business. If push comes to shove I will get a vaccination.......card.
Perhaps SIGforum could keep on retainer?? Asking for a friend............

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
You guys do me a favor and keep all the wink-wink nudge-nudge "card" stuff out of the forum, please.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107640 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Since day one my local gun shop has not required and actually asks people not to wear a mask for security reasons.
Otherwise I wear it in the store just to avoid the hassle and getting hassled. I do feel sorry for the poor saps that have to wear one all day due to employer requirements. But they are also free to find another job. But then the employer is also living in fear of the county health nazis writing them a citation. At least the stores and restaurants are open now. I can’t wait another 4 weeks for my move out of this commie hole.

Posts: 4776 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ElToro:
...commie hole.
Commie Hole, California. Kinda seems like a natural, don't it? Razz

Posts: 107640 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
WV just dropped masks for those anointed with the snake oil (not that many here are wearing them regardless). Full mask drop on 6/20. As an aside, we just sent Delaware 6000 unused J&J doses nobody wanted Big Grin

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15598 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Our local motorcycle club had a brunch this morning. First meet in over a year, thanks to the media and their Covid scare.

Around 75 attended under an outside tent and not one mask was seen. Wait staff were unmasked, too.

I guess life is returning back to normal.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wreckdiver:
I went for a haircut this morning, no mask. They allow you in with no mask if you have been vaccinated. Kinda nice to see light at the end of the tunnel!!
They accept your word or did you have to submit your papers. I'm not playing this game by their rules. Period.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Yanert98:
I blows me away that folks still want to cover their faces with completely ineffective cloth masks. It's like they've become dependent on the masks. Mentally crippled.
They were mentally crippled to start with so the mask wearing compliance should come as no huge surprise.

Anybody watch the Preakness today? All the jockey's and their assist riders wearing masks on horseback out on the track. Absolutely retarded.
quote:
Originally posted by NK402:
I wear one as a courtesy to others and to avoid being thought of as an asshole.
If you think me an asshole simply because I'm not wearing a face diaper, then I think the issue is you, not me. I'm truly courteous to everyone who deserves it. I do not however pander to anyone by wearing a mask.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post

Posts: 33829 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Just got an email notice that Costco is dropping (for supposed vaxed but they are not checking).
Nice to know as they chased me around the store a couple weeks ago. Smile

Posts: 22923 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ChuckWall
posted Hide Post
I am a Transvaxxite. I self-identify as vaccinated. You see, like gender, race, age, vaccination is a spectrum. And you are a bigot if you don't accept me for who I am.

MAGA

Posts: 5689 | Registered: February 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ChuckWall
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
quote:
I went for a haircut this morning, no mask. They allow you in with no mask if you have been vaccinated. Kinda nice to see light at the end of the tunnel!!
They accept your word or did you have to submit your papers. I'm not playing this game by their rules. Period.

Wouldn't it be a violation of HIPPA to be forced to share your medical history or records with unauthorized personnel?

MAGA

Posts: 5689 | Registered: February 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckWall:
quote:
quote:

Wouldn't it be a violation of HIPPA to be forced to share your medical history or records with unauthorized personnel?

As I understand it, HIPPA appies only to doctors, hospitals, insurance companies, etc. A business or employer can ask you questions regarding your health, and you can choose to answer or not. You cannot violate your own privacy. Businesses, schools & employers can have their own requirements, and like it or not, you can follow those requirements, or be asked to leave.

I expect this to end up in court sooner or later, or new legislation being introduced.

Here's an article on the subject.
https://www.abc27.com/news/hea...meone-is-vaccinated/

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ironbutt:

As I understand it, HIPPA appies only to doctors, hospitals, insurance companies, etc. A business or employer can ask you questions regarding your health, and you can choose to answer or not. You cannot violate your own privacy. Businesses, schools & employers can have their own requirements, and like it or not, you can follow those requirements, or be asked to leave.

I expect this to end up in court sooner or later, or new legislation being introduced.

This is correct. The individual is free to disclose his medical info or not, his/her choice. No one else gets that choice without your consent.

I expect it will end up in court, but the companies asking will win and the individual will lose IMO.

Companies have the right to ask and you have the right to decline to answer even though there are consequences. We already have this exact same situation in a lot of K-12 schools where other vaccinations are required as a condition of attendence.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:
quote:
Originally posted by Ironbutt:

This is correct. The individual is free to disclose his medical info or not, his/her choice. No one else gets that choice without your consent.

I expect it will end up in court, but the companies asking will win and the individual will lose IMO.

Companies have the right to ask and you have the right to decline to answer even though there are consequences. We already have this exact same situation in a lot of K-12 schools where other vaccinations are required as a condition of attendence.

At the slightest hint of a violation of a protected group's rights, civil rights lawyers usually are coming out of the woodwork. Where are they now?

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

She accepted my word, she's been cutting my hair for 34 years, plus I do her plumbing for same amount of time.

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:

She accepted my word, she's been cutting my hair for 34 years, plus I do her plumbing for same amount of time.

<p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/ba-Vj97qNut6WDHa">via GIPHY</a></p>

Posts: 22923 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Went to my local Walmart un-muzzled for the first time in 13 months and it felt really good.

I ran into a woman wearing a “This mask is as useless as our Governor” mask and told her she doesn’t need it anymore per Walmart. She ripped it off so fast I thought she was going to hurt herself, then she thanked me. Big Grin

Posts: 33829 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post