Go ![]() | New ![]() | Find ![]() | Notify ![]() | Tools ![]() | Reply ![]() | |
| The Ice Cream Man |
My guess is the new Tesla will either be the LWB Y which they make in China, or a refreshed model X - which is pretty dated, and has had issues with the gull wing doors the whole time. Every time I have my car serviced - mostly just windshield wipers replaced - the techs mention “don’t buy an X.” BS-3595-C401. In Theory, this will be the "seal" verifying that I am an attorney, and when I was licensed/the authority was last contacted, and confirmed it to be active. | |||
|
| Raised Hands Surround Us Three Nails To Protect Us |
There were some folks that put pictures of the bare chassis that was spied at the giga factory or whatever into Grok and it spit out some renderings. Likely to be a 3 row Y of some sort They also claimed could be a CyberY the Cybertruck in SUV form. It’s also Elon so there is no telling. ———————————————— The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad. If we got each other, and that's all we have. I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand. You should know I'll be there for you! | |||
|
| Member |
Just picked up a new Model Y AWD in Louisville. I live 35 miles away. Before i pulled out of the parking spot, i set my home address and engaged self driving. It was a little nerve racking being my first time, but i didn't touch the steering wheel, not once. It veered around some scrap metal on the expressway and once in town, dodged a roadkill squirrel. It changed lanes to let other cars merge. I never felt unsafe and will say it did a better job than my normal driving, which is 29 years of experience and only one minor incident, which I'll take half the fault for. | |||
|
| Member |
I just ordered a Blue Model Y premium rear wheel drive. The 0.99% financing made it enticing. If I had picked the base model, I could have gotten 0% financing. My other vehicle is an F250 with a 6.8 liter gas motor that gets 11mpg average. It costs me $125 to fill the tank. I want to put less wear and tear on my truck and save some money on gas. The wall charger I ordered should arrive tomorrow. | |||
|
| TANSTAAFL |
I bought a used 2014 model S about three weeks ago as an experiment. And it was really neat except for the whole lack of range because it’s old and slow supercharging but it’s free supercharging so there’s that. Took it in yesterday and they gave me a loaner 2026 that had self driving and that was pretty cool. If I didn’t have a company car as part of my job, I would probably buy one. Actually, if I don’t recover well enough from this bicep tendon tear, I may not have a choice but to get a different job. As I get older, something with self driving might be the way to maintain some independence and I wouldn’t have to count on other people. I still have my beater grand Cherokee but when I filled it up last week, diesel was $5.19 a gallon so I’ve been driving the electric exclusively. | |||
|
| Raised Hands Surround Us Three Nails To Protect Us |
^^^^^^^^^^ How many miles on the S, what sort of range does it get now, how much battery degradation does it have, and do you know if the battery has ever been replaced? The S is for sure the best looking Tesla. Congrats. ———————————————— The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad. If we got each other, and that's all we have. I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand. You should know I'll be there for you! | |||
|
| Member |
** older thread Been talking more about FSD and it generally seems capable but I'm still on the fence. Just kidding but I'm looking forward to when FSD and AI and social connectivity integrate such that one EV FSD can tell another EV FSD that he's driving like an asshole. Or to go faster or get out of the way. "Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy "A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book | |||
|
| 10mm. It's like two 40s with every shot. |
I finally joined this group over the weekend. I have been trying the self driving as I have it free for 3 months. But at the same time, it is so fun to drive. The immediate power is incredible. 2026 RWD Premium I had a NEMA 14-50 installed in my garage yesterday. As I mostly run around town and work from home, this is an experiment to see if I can live with an electric car. So far I am really enjoying driving it around. | |||
|
| As Extraordinary as Everyone Else |
^^^ Congrats on the car and installing the home charging unit. It’s a game changer. PS. Love that color. A whole lot better than my grey Y. ------------------ Eddie Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina | |||
|
Baroque Bloke![]() |
konata88, please edit your post to add: “This is an older thread”, or the thread might be locked as it’s well beyond Para’s limit. Serious about crackers. | |||
|
Baroque Bloke![]() |
Congrats dwp10mm! When did you order your Model 3? I ordered my Model 3 Premium RWD on July 29. The initial estimated delivery was: September 9 – September 30 Now it’s: October 18 – November 22 I might get it by Christmas. I think Tesla uses a Ouija board for the delivery estimates. Serious about crackers. | |||
|
goodheart![]() |
I ordered my Y L in July. Initial estimated delivery time was October-November; now late December-January. Demand is over the moon. _________________________ “Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters. –Daniel Webster (1782-1852)" | |||
|
| Member |
If an order was submitted with an estimated delivery date, why would it subsequently push out just because demand increased? Wouldn’t that just affect longer delivery dates for subsequent orders? "Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy "A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book | |||
|
Baroque Bloke![]() |
^^^^^ Tesla’s Ouija board operators aren’t the best. Serious about crackers. | |||
|
| 10mm. It's like two 40s with every shot. |
Thanks everyone. It is from the Cincinnati location. Getting the car was the craziest thing. I test drove the Model 3 on 9/5. It was the Performance Model. A week later, they called me to see how I liked it. I asked about the order timeline and was told October/November at this time. They then said if I wanted the demo I drove, they would take $1,700 off the price. It only had 212 miles on it. I called back the next day and said as much as I liked that model, it wasn't what I was looking for right now. I found the 20 inch tires and suspension to be a little harsher ride. Plus the lower range and $10,000 higher price tag. I told them the spec I wanted which was basically the RWD Premium, but I did want that red color after seeing it in person. Two weeks later, they say my car is on the way. Talking with the salesperson, they told me this was an already allocated dealer model that lined up with my order. I found that crazy since I see how many people are waiting months and watching their delivery date slip. So I somehow lucked into getting this one within 3 weeks of my first test drive. | |||
|
Baroque Bloke![]() |
^^^^^ “an already allocated dealer model that lined up with my order” Envious! Since you found the 20” wheels to be too harsh how do you like the ones on your car? 18” or 19”? Serious about crackers. | |||
|
| Member |
Hey dwp10mm, could you post a few more shots if you get a chance? That is a great color. Thx | |||
|
| 10mm. It's like two 40s with every shot. |
I stuck with the 18s. It arrived with Michelin Primacy All-Season tires. The recommended PSI seems high to me, but perhaps that is for efficiency. I have yet to put 100 miles on it, so time will tell on how I find the ride. I do think it is softer than the test Performance. | |||
|
| 10mm. It's like two 40s with every shot. |
More photos as requested. It is amazing how different this color looks from shade to sun. | |||
|
| Raised Hands Surround Us Three Nails To Protect Us |
Great Color! I do hope to get a Tesla eventually and that will be the color I choose! My current Tundra and past Mustang were similar. ———————————————— The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad. If we got each other, and that's all we have. I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand. You should know I'll be there for you! | |||
|
| Powered by Social Strata | Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 |
| Please Wait. Your request is being processed... |
|

