SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Any Tesla Owners here? EDIT: Picked up Model 3 today!!
Page 1 ... 8 9 10 11
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
Any Tesla Owners here? EDIT: Picked up Model 3 today!! Login/Join 
10mm. It's like two
40s with every shot.
posted Hide Post
Hey Black92LX. I followed your journey here with thoughts of picking one up. Never realized you didn't follow through yet. Hopefully you can fix that in the near future.
 
Posts: 681 | Registered: March 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^
Sadly, financially just not been right yet. I have also since been gifted a 2013 Explorer that gets double the gas mileage of my Tundra so it has cut my gas cost in half for the most part as now the Explorer is my daily. Plenty of room for the kiddos and their buddies and a nice driving vehicle.

I’ll get an electric something eventually. Likely a Tesla but am also waiting to see what the Ford Fathom is going to offer.


————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!
 
Posts: 26967 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
^^^^^^^^^
Sadly, financially just not been right yet. I have also since been gifted a 2013 Explorer that gets double the gas mileage of my Tundra so it has cut my gas cost in half for the most part as now the Explorer is my daily. Plenty of room for the kiddos and their buddies and a nice driving vehicle.

I’ll get an electric something eventually. Likely a Tesla but am also waiting to see what the Ford Fathom is going to offer.


Hold steady, pre-owned EV's typically dont hold a high resale value, you can get a two year old for a significant discount, and most have long term warranty on the battery, my EQEV is 8 years so a two year old car will still have 6 years of battery and also connectivity covered for updates, maps, gps etc.

I too and looking forward to seeing the Fathom, as one of our leases is up next August, it will be interesting to see if Ford can hold the $28K base price and if dealers try and screw first time buyers or Ford puts a stop to that practice in order to get them on the road.
 
Posts: 28602 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Here is my 2026 Model Y dual motor in the standard trim.

 
Posts: 398 | Location: Bardstown, Ky | Registered: December 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
^^^^^
A dark photo, crue-dell. Smile

When I test drove a Model 3 the windshield wipers made a pass every few minutes. It was a clear day. A guy in the dealership told me that the purpose was to give the forward cameras a clearer view.

Is that normal? I didn’t see that the windshield was dirty.

Also, I believe that running the wipers dry is more likely to scratch the glass. Is there an option to use wiper fluid for that automatic cleaning operation?



Serious about crackers.
 
Posts: 11815 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
^^^^^
A dark photo, crue-dell. Smile

When I test drove a Model 3 the windshield wipers made a pass every few minutes. It was a clear day. A guy in the dealership told me that the purpose was to give the forward cameras a clearer view.

Is that normal? I didn’t see that the windshield was dirty.

Also, I believe that running the wipers dry is more likely to scratch the glass. Is there an option to use wiper fluid for that automatic cleaning operation?


The wiper thing is a known software issue. It happens when self driving is active. I've had a perfectly, just cleaned windshield and it randomly does it. Don't remember it happening until a couple software updates ago. Most of the time it activates the washer fluid when it happens. It's annoying but I'm sure it will get sorted out...eventually.
 
Posts: 398 | Location: Bardstown, Ky | Registered: December 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
Been a known issue for at least 7 years.


BS-3595-C401. In Theory, this will be the "seal" verifying that I am an attorney, and when I was licensed/the authority was last contacted, and confirmed it to be active.
 
Posts: 6921 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Low Country, SC. | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 ... 8 9 10 11 
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Any Tesla Owners here? EDIT: Picked up Model 3 today!!

© SIGforum 2026