SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Moving to a warmer climate in the winter
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Moving to a warmer climate in the winter Login/Join 
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2PAK:
I'm wondering if it would be cheaper/easier to buy a (<$100k) mobile home within an age restricted park in FL or AZ, drive to it at Thanksgiving, enjoy the winter in the sun with Ice Tea on the porch and then drive home at Easter.
What would you do with it the other 7 months of the year? Left unoccupied it would probably be trashed or burned to the ground.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27911 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Doubt that Flashguy. Most of these places (retirement or age restricted parks) have snowbirds doing this yearly. Also, it doesn't mean you can't make a periodic trip to check on it as well during the off season.

Posts: 1480 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2PAK:
Doubt that Flashguy. Most of these places (retirement or age restricted parks) have snowbirds doing this yearly. Also, it doesn't mean you can't make a periodic trip to check on it as well during the off season.
I guess Florida is different from Arkansas--lots of unoccupied home fires there.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27911 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
I think it must be different- I have a few acquaintances that do exactly this- leave it and return next fall.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5507 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by irreverent:
I think it must be different- I have a few acquaintances that do exactly this- leave it and return next fall.

I shoot skeet with a bunch of guys who do just this.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post