SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Two negative points about carrying a BUG
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Two negative points about carrying a BUG Login/Join 
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slosig:
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by flesheatingvirus:
Not legal in NM.

Do you actually have a source to the law that prohibits a BUG? I'm curious how it's actually written.

From the third page of the New Mexico page on handgunlaw.us (Thanks Gary!):

10.8.2.16 Terms and Conditions of License:
A. Carrying only handguns listed on license. No person shall carry a concealed handgun of a different category or higher caliber than is indicated on the license issued to that person by the department. A licensee shall only carry one (1) concealed handgun at any given time.

"...the law is a ass."

Posts: 26954 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
^^^ Yep.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17308 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
It is legal to carry all the guns you want in Kentucky. Kentucky is one of those places that when you enter the state they ask you if you have a knife or gun, if you answer no, they give you one of each. Big Grin

As to the "extra scrutiny" thing, this is what it comes back to. If you live in a liberal area, you are screwed. But, you were screwed from the word gun. In the rest of the free world, deadly force is deadly force is deadly force. If it is justified, it is justified. It matters not if it comes from one gun, two guns, or a '57 Buick.

The internet makes a great deal over liability reduction. Liability reduction is important, but it isn't the end all be all that some make of it. Good money has been made by experts and gun writers. But, in many of the cases they cite, it was places that the shooter was screwed from the beginning. Carry two guns? It would be a simple thing to point to any police officer and ask "Do you carry a back up gun? Why?". That pretty much ends the debate.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37120 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
In Texas the LE who stops you will just say "Is that all ya got?". Smile

Posts: 22954 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
Not legal in NM.

Do you actually have a source to the law that prohibits a BUG? I'm curious how it's actually written.

A. Carrying only handguns listed on license. No person shall carry a concealed handgun of a different category or higher caliber than is indicated on the license issued to that person by the department. A licensee shall only carry one (1) concealed handgun at any given time.

I need to look into Va rules

at one time (when you had to have a reason to carry) you had to list each firearm by serial number you planned on carrying, then they changed to caliber, as in only carry a .45 or .22 etc etc,

now that we are a shall issue state, no one seems to care what you carry

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10438 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
Not legal in NM.

Thanks. Yeah, that's as clear as can be. Pretty retarded I must say.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30447 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gary Slider
posted Hide Post
New Mexico is the only state that has a restriction on the number of firearms you can carry concealed. Yes some have raised opinions that X or Y State may only allow one gun as their permit/license states "Handgun" and not "Handguns" etc etc. I can't find any case about that in any state and no official source stating that in any other state.

As for carrying a bug? They tell you when arrested that ANYTHING you say may be used against you. They will try to use anything against you. That is their job. You just have to be able to explain your reasoning for doing what you did.

Oklahoma is the only state that restricts the bullet size the firearm can fire. 45 Caliber is the largest legal round.

§21-1290.6. Prohibited Ammunition
Any concealed or unconcealed handgun when carried in a manner authorized by the provisions of the Oklahoma Self-Defense Act and when loaded with any ammunition which is either a restricted bullet as defined by Section 1289.19 of this title or is larger than .45 caliber or is otherwise prohibited by law shall be deemed a prohibited weapon for purposes of the Oklahoma Self-Defense Act. Any person violating the provisions of this section shall be punished for a criminal offense as provided by Section 1272 of this title or any other applicable provision of law. In addition to any criminal prosecution for a violation of the provisions of this section, the licensee shall be subject to an administrative fine of Five Hundred Dollars ($500.00), upon a hearing and determination by the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation that the person is in violation of the provisions of this section.

Member Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network.

Posts: 490 | Location: New Martinsville, WV | Registered: February 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
In Texas the LE who stops you will just say "Is that all ya got?". Smile

stevenwright/I got stopped at the border of Canada and they asked me if I had any firearms. I answered "what do you need"/stevenwrightoff

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37120 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gary Slider:
New Mexico is the only state that has a restriction on the number of firearms you can carry concealed. Yes some have raised opinions that X or Y State may only allow one gun as their permit/license states "Handgun" and not "Handguns" etc etc. I can't find any case about that in any state and no official source stating that in any other state.

Emailed you a copy of the letter Shooters Alliance for Firearms Rights (SAFR) obtained from the Michigan AG.

Posts: 11235 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post