SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Tiger [STRIKE]is in the hunt at[/STRIKE]***WINS*** the Masters....
Page 1 2 3 4 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Tiger [STRIKE]is in the hunt at[/STRIKE]***WINS*** the Masters.... Login/Join 
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted
Tiger is in the final group today at the Masters, two shots off the lead. Can he make a charge to win his 15th major?

EDITED TO ADD: Tiger haters please skip this thread. His comeback has been fun to watch.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Bigboreshooter,

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Report This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
My mother in law is visiting and wondered how he's doing since he got out of jail for killing his wife.

Posts: 7453 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Report This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
We'll be at church until about 11:20 so it's likely I'll only see the last few holes. I'll have to surreptitiously check my phone.

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Report This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pbslinger:
My mother in law is visiting and wondered how he's doing since he got out of jail for killing his wife.
Tell her he’s always looking over his shoulder for someone with a Glock 7 since it can’t be detected with a metal detector and costs more than you make in a month Wink

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23244 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Report This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
quote:

Huh? Are you confusing him with OJ Simpson; Tiger only assaulted his ex-wife, not murdered.

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2699 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2BobTanner:
quote:

Huh? Are you confusing him with OJ Simpson; Tiger only assaulted his ex-wife, not murdered.

Come on, man. He's making a joke about his mother in law. He's not confusing anyone. His mother in law is.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30407 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
Not always a tv golfing watcher butits about the only thing on the hospital tv worth watching so its pretty good viwing.

Posts: 18034 | Location: South West of Fort Worth, Tx. | Registered: December 26, 2008Report This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Someone will come along with a "Howdah Tiger." and that's that.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31435 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Report This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I really don’t follow golf, but I often watch The Masters; it’s just the perfect golf tournament. Maybe the most beautiful golf course in the world, played at the perfect time of the year to showcase it. Azaleas in bloom, cardinals singing all over the course, and probably the most prestigious title in golf.

Yeah, Woods is right there and obviously that’s huge for golf. I’m amazed that he still has so many fans—the crowd goes nuts every time he does something.

Posts: 13254 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Report This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
It would just break my fucking heart to see him implode. Roll Eyes

And, he's had a few horrible shots. I suppose he'll start complaining about his back or his foot or something. Always an excuse.

It seems he's back to his old ways as well. After the shitty shot on 9 he yells, "Jesus Christ! Fuck, fuck, fuck!".

Yep, real class act that guy. Roll Eyes

Posts: 20098 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Report This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
How nice the Tiger-Haters have come out of the woodwork. Eek
I hope he does well. Cool

Posts: 22902 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Report This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by 2BobTanner:
quote:

Come on, man. He's making a joke about his mother in law. He's not confusing anyone. His mother in law is.
In addition to Balze's comment about it being meant to be funny, 2BobTanner's grasp of the facts were not much more accurate than pbslinger's MIL. Cheetah (Tiger's name after being exposed as a serial cheater) only assulted his supermodel wife's moral sensibilities. When she discovered his cheating, she chased him with a golf club, assaulted his SUV with the golf club, and in his attempt to flee hit a fire hydrant, some shrubs, and a tree. The police responded so it became international news and the number of women he cheated with kept growing and growing and growing and growing.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23244 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Report This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Three holes to go, and tiger has the solo lead.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12327 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Report This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
It would just break my fucking heart to see him implode. Roll Eyes

And, he's had a few horrible shots. I suppose he'll start complaining about his back or his foot or something. Always an excuse.

It seems he's back to his old ways as well. After the shitty shot on 9 he yells, "Jesus Christ! Fuck, fuck, fuck!".

Yep, real class act that guy. Roll Eyes

Dude why?

We don’t exactly have a lot of “golf heavy” threads on this forum, can we at least enjoy the Masters without people coming in and trying to wreck it?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12327 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Report This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
He just hit an incredible shot on the par3 16th. A tap in for a birdy. Wow.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
14 under , Great for him !

lotsa Tiger fans there

like where Dustin is at as well

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54625 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Report This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
I do not follow the PGA Tour, but I sometimes will watch round 4 of the Masters.

Btw, I worked on this SI cover in 2000 with Tiger. I am not rooting for or against him.

https://www.sicovers.com/tiger-woods-2000-april-03

Posts: 1978 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Report This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
2 up with 2 to play. Tiger will get another green jacket!

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm neither a Tiger fan nor hater. I do like to watch good golf. He's tearing it up today. Good for him.

Posts: 7549 | Registered: October 31, 2008Report This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
Tired of listening to the announcers wanting to polish Tiger’s knob. They talk like something biblical is about to happen. I got it McKay & Co, you’re a bunch of fan boys. Neither for or against him, but I lean heavily to the latter when I hear the ridiculous commentary.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Report This Post