SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Tiger [STRIKE]is in the hunt at[/STRIKE]***WINS*** the Masters....
Page 1 2 3 4 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Tiger [STRIKE]is in the hunt at[/STRIKE]***WINS*** the Masters.... Login/Join 
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I have to say his reaction to the win is great, especially after seeing him so stone-faced focused all day.

Posts: 13255 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Report This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by 2BobTanner:
quote:
Originally posted by pbslinger:
My mother in law is visiting and wondered how he's doing since he got out of jail for killing his wife.

Huh? Are you confusing him with OJ Simpson; Tiger only assaulted his ex-wife, not murdered.

Come on, man. He's making a joke about his mother in law. He's not confusing anyone. His mother in law is.
In addition to Balze's comment about it being meant to be funny, 2BobTanner's grasp of the facts were not much more accurate than pbslinger's MIL. Cheetah (Tiger's name after being exposed as a serial cheater) only assulted his supermodel wife's moral sensibilities. When she discovered his cheating, she chased him with a golf club, assaulted his SUV with the golf club, and in his attempt to flee hit a fire hydrant, some shrubs, and a tree. The police responded so it became international news and the number of women he cheated with kept growing and growing and growing and growing.

Also the juice never went to jail for killing Nicole.

Posts: 7453 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats to Tiger!

Posts: 1362 | Registered: October 19, 2008Report This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
An amazing comeback for a man that seemed to only be a shadow of his former self. This is a great sports story; I can only hope that his personal life has had a similar rebirth.

Posts: 8621 | Registered: September 26, 2013Report This Post
Animis Opibusque Parati
posted Hide Post
What a performance!

"Prepared in mind and resources"

Posts: 1353 | Location: SC | Registered: October 28, 2011Report This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
Glad to see Tiger Win another major. I still don’t think he’ll get to 19 majors, but it’s possible.

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Report This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
I knew about the match only because of this thread, but I find it odd that we will congratulate someone for quitting smoking or losing 20 pounds, but withhold the same thoughts from someone who makes a comeback like Woods. And if we’re going to dislike someone, it should be because we dislike him/her, and not because we dislike the actions of others, including their overenthusiastic fans.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Report This Post
posted Hide Post
That was an unreal final round Tiger put together. I think this was his first "major" win in about 10 years? Pretty incredible.

Posts: 7549 | Registered: October 31, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulations to Tigre on a great win. Maybe his best win
considering the field today.

-------------

The sadder but wiser girl for me.

Posts: 1057 | Location: Idaho Panhandle | Registered: July 18, 2005Report This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
While I was not an admitted fan long ago. I am very happy for him and hope he can continue winning.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36840 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TigerDore:
An amazing comeback for a man that seemed to only be a shadow of his former self. This is a great sports story; I can only hope that his personal life has had a similar rebirth.
+1

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23248 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Report This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
Love it

What a great year for sports

quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
quote:
Originally posted by TigerDore:
+1

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm happy for him. My only issue is the clever assholes yelling "get in the hole." I thought that was supposed to get you tossed out at the Masters. I guess some enterprising lawyer brought a first amendment case.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Report This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
I watched a few holes and noted his changed demeanor. Calm.

Hole after hole.

I was thinking he stood a chance until whatshidname eagled for the lead. I then went out to work on my Volkswagen albatross. I'm glad to hear he won.

And after almost a year, the Beetle is running. I'm may be three weeks from done with it.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31436 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Report This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
Wait. Isn't Trump supposed to be a racist?!!!!

quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:

Posts: 1979 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Report This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:

Dude why?

Why? No offense, but I despise the man with every ounce of myself. I hate what his morally bankrupt self did to his wife and kids, and I hate what he himself did to the once humble and honorable game of golf...you'll notice that the knuckle-dragging mouth-breathing "GET IN THE HOLE!!!!"ers are back even though it is prohibited at Augusta. It took us nearly 10 years to mostly get rid of them and now they'll be back with a vengeance.

quote:
We don’t exactly have a lot of “golf heavy” threads on this forum, can we at least enjoy the Masters without people coming in and trying to wreck it?
I had no intention of wrecking anything. The thread was about Tiger Woods. Can only those wishing to blow him contribute?

Had the OP wanted a thread about the Masters, I'd have contributed accordingly. It was a great final round with any of, what, six players who could have won with three holes to play? You couldn't ask for a better finish...other than the eventual winner. Wink

Posts: 20099 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Report This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Why? No offense, but I despise the man with every ounce of myself. I hate what his morally bankrupt self did to his wife and kids, and I hate what he himself did to the once humble and honorable game of golf...you'll notice that the knuckle-dragging mouth-breathing "GET IN THE HOLE!!!!"ers are back even though it is prohibited at Augusta. It took us nearly 10 years to mostly get rid of them and now they'll be back with a vengeance.

No offense taken and I get all that you said, and maybe this is my personal internet peeve...but when a one-off thread comes up, it drives me crazy when there is a population of members who just want to enjoy the conversation, and a smaller population feels the need to come in and say why the topic sucks....or whatever. It's just distracting is all.

Happens every year in the football threads, the NBA threads, really all the sports threads other than maybe hockey. I always think, "guys, just start a I hate "so and so" thread and leave us alone".

Oh well that's the internet I guess. Thanks for replying.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12329 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Report This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Point taken.

Posts: 20099 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Report This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
I was in the same camp as Gustofer for a long time regarding Woods' lack of class, but in the last couple of years he seems to have turned the corner as far as maturity is concerned. It just takes some people a lot longer to grow up and I hope he has finally done that.

As far as his win today, it is nothing short of historic. There are very few people that could have made a comeback like he did. It took a lot of grit and hard work to pull it off and he deserves all the credit he's getting for it.

I wonder how the gum chewing played into his staying so focused the last 4 days. I don't recall ever seeing him doing that in the past.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Report This Post