SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    President Trump Nominated for Nobel Peace Prize!
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

President Trump Nominated for Nobel Peace Prize! Login/Join 
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted
quote:
Foxnews.com: Trump nominated for Nobel Peace Prize by Norwegian official, citing Israel-UAE peace deal

Nomination was submitted by Christian Tybring-Gjedde, a member of the Norwegian Parliament

EXCLUSIVE: Just weeks after helping to broker peace between Israel and the United Arab Emirates (UAE), President Trump has been nominated for the 2021 Nobel Peace Prize.

The nomination submitted by Christian Tybring-Gjedde, a member of the Norwegian Parliament, lauded Trump for his efforts toward resolving protracted conflicts worldwide.

“For his merit, I think he has done more trying to create peace between nations than most other Peace Prize nominees,” Tybring-Gjedde, a four-term member of Parliament who also serves as chairman of the Norwegian delegation to the NATO Parliamentary Assembly, told Fox News in an exclusive interview.

Tybring-Gjedde, in his nomination letter to the Nobel Committee, said the Trump administration has played a key role in the establishment of relations between Israel and the UAE. “As it is expected other Middle Eastern countries will follow in the footsteps of the UAE, this agreement could be a game changer that will turn the Middle East into a region of cooperation and prosperity,” he wrote.

Also cited in the letter was the president’s “key role in facilitating contact between conflicting parties and … creating new dynamics in other protracted conflicts, such as the Kashmir border dispute between India and Pakistan, and the conflict between North and South Korea, as well as dealing with the nuclear capabilities of North Korea.”

Tybring-Gjedde, further, praised Trump for withdrawing a large number of troops from the Middle East. “Indeed, Trump has broken a 39-year-old streak of American Presidents either starting a war or bringing the United States into an international armed conflict. The last president to avoid doing so was Peace Prize laureate Jimmy Carter,” he wrote.

This is not Trump’s first such nomination, as Tybring-Gjedde submitted one along with another Norwegian official in 2018 following the U.S. president’s Singapore summit with Kim Jong Un. Japan’s prime minister reportedly did the same. Trump did not win.

Tybring-Gjedde, a member of a conservative-leaning populist party in Norway, told Fox News that his latest nomination is not about trying to curry favor with the U.S. president.

“I’m not a big Trump supporter,” he said. “The committee should look at the facts and judge him on the facts – not on the way he behaves sometimes. The people who have received the Peace Prize in recent years have done much less than Donald Trump. For example, Barack Obama did nothing.”

The 2009 Nobel Peace Prize was awarded to then-President Barack Obama for what the Nobel Committee called his "extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and cooperation between peoples."

That decision made just nine months into Obama’s first term was met with criticism in the U.S. – including from Donald Trump, then a private citizen. Lech Walesa, Poland’s former president and a 1983 Nobel laureate, also said at the time it was too early to bestow the award on Obama -- just 263 days after taking office: “Too fast. For the time being Obama’s just making proposals. But sometimes the Nobel Committee awards the prize to encourage responsible action.”

Even Obama was taken aback, saying at the time he was “surprised and humbled” by the Nobel Committee’s decision. “To be honest,” he said, “I do not feel that I deserve to be in the company of so many of the transformative figures who have been honored by this prize, men and women who’ve inspired me and inspired the entire world through their courageous pursuit of peace.”

Besides Obama, three other U.S. presidents have won the Nobel Peace Prize: President Theodore Roosevelt in 1906 for “having negotiated peace in the Russo-Japanese war”; President Woodrow Wilson in 1920 for being the “leading architect of the League of Nations”; and President Jimmy Carter in 2002 for “his decades of untiring effort to find peaceful solutions to international conflicts.”

The Nobel Peace Prize recipient is determined by a five-person Nobel Committee, which is appointed by the Norwegian Parliament. The winner of the Peace Prize for 2021 will not be announced until October of next year.

The Obama Fellators heads exploded.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: parabellum,

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31463 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
That is so awesome, but...I won't hold my breath.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5047 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
Best news I've read in a long time!

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7078 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I made it so far,
now I'll go for more
Picture of rbert0005
posted Hide Post
Why not, they gave one to O'Bummer for doing nothing.

Bob

I am no expert, but think I am sometimes.

Posts: 4581 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bassamatic:
That is so awesome, but...I won't hold my breath.

No way will they allow him to get it. Furthermore, if it was awarded to him, he should refuse to accept on the grounds that Obama got it for doing absolutely nothing, so now the Nobel means nothing.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ironbutt:

No way will they allow him to get it. Furthermore, if it was awarded to him, he should refuse to accept on the grounds that Obama got it for doing absolutely nothing, so now the Nobel means nothing.

He should tell them that it will look good sitting on the back of his toilet.

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6852 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They gave it to Obama his first 60 days in office and he had not even done a thing yet...just from his presence. WTF?

Trump has made historical moves and contact with N. Korea, helped in move of capitol to Jerusalem, helped broker peace between Israel and almost half a dozen arab nations...

He has done more good for our country and others around world than two administrations before him...and maybe everyone since Ronald Reagan. In spite of hostility from the Dems and his own side....and constant attacks.

Imagine what he could get done if they accepted his Presidency like we did when Obama was elected and carry on with their lives.

Posts: 64 | Registered: July 16, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
... he should refuse to accept on the grounds that Obama got it for doing absolutely nothing, so now the Nobel means nothing.

Or he can say that "Finally... the Nobel means something again."

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31463 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:

Yes, the Nobel PP has become all but meaningless nowadays, but no way should Trump refuse it if he is awarded it. Sig2340 has the right idea. Make the Nobel great again.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30420 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GarandGuy
posted Hide Post
M.N.G.A

-----------------------------------------------
What's the sense in working hard if you never get to play?

Posts: 1074 | Location: On the outskirts of Richmond | Registered: September 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:

Or he could accept it in good grace and use that opportunity to present one of his positive messages. It would be difficult for any of the BS media to ignore or distort his acceptance speech as it commonly does.

As for the significance of the Peace Prize, anyone who has paid the slightest attention over the years knows that there have been some ridiculous awards, but like so many things it’s the perception that counts, not reality. And it’s ignorance to refer to “the” Nobel. The Peace Prize is just one of many, and although there have been many controversies about the others as well the prizes are still generally highly regarded.

I would be astonished if the prize were actually awarded to the President, but think for a moment what sorts of people would be most outraged if it were.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love it!! President Trump engineered some cooperation b/t Serbia/Kosovo recently, imagine what the next 4 years will bring.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
So when we win and then he gets the NPP will the progs finally shut up Cool

HAHAHAHAHA...I forgot how witty I was

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
God will always provide
Picture of Fla. Jim
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
quote:
... he should refuse to accept on the grounds that Obama got it for doing absolutely nothing, so now the Nobel means nothing.

This, he would be "The Best Example" of who needs to be given such a Noble award.

Posts: 4413 | Location: White City, Florida | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Hahahahahahahahahahahaha! This is going to drive some TDS'ers positively right over the edge

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Mitt is going to fill his diapers over this one

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29720 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
Saw this while on the treadmill at the gym this am. I shouted out “DAMN!” And the guy next to me (about 15 feet away) looked at me and when I told him he said the same thing...

Great way to start the day!

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6331 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rchermanjr:
They gave it to Obama his first 60 days in office and he had not even done a thing yet...just from his presence. WTF?

Trump has made historical moves and contact with N. Korea, helped in move of capitol to Jerusalem, helped broker peace between Israel and almost half a dozen arab nations...

He has done more good for our country and others around world than two administrations before him...and maybe everyone since Ronald Reagan. In spite of hostility from the Dems and his own side....and constant attacks.

Imagine what he could get done if they accepted his Presidency like we did when Obama was elected and carry on with their lives.

What is never mentioned is his reducing of our military presence around the world. He's pulling troops from Iraq, S. Korea, Germany and Afghanistan to name a few. Oh, and that was another one of his campaign promises he has kept. You won't hear that in the MSM for sure.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Nice to see that it's for things that he has actually accomplished, and not just for his "vision" and what they hoped he might/could/ought to do sometime in the future (like Obama).

"Nobel secretary regrets Obama peace prize"
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-34277960

quote:
Awarding the Nobel Peace Prize to US President Barack Obama in 2009 failed to achieve what the committee hoped it would, its ex-secretary has said.

Geir Lundestad told the AP news agency that the committee hoped the award would strengthen Mr Obama.

Instead, the decision was met with criticism in the US. Many argued he had not had any impact worthy of the award.

Mr Lundestad, writing in his memoir, Secretary of Peace, said even Mr Obama himself had been surprised.

"No Nobel Peace Prize ever elicited more attention than the 2009 prize to Barack Obama," Mr Lundestad writes.

"Even many of Obama's supporters believed that the prize was a mistake," he says.

Posts: 32538 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
At least he did something to earn it.

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post