SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What's everyone's plan for the weekend?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What's everyone's plan for the weekend? Login/Join 
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
We need a plan? Eek

Posts: 22947 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mojojojo:
I am teaching a Basic Rider Course for the Motorcycle Safety Foundation. Saturday & Sunday 7:30-4:30.

I've taught 24 classes so far this year, but this one will be special as I am teaching with my wife. She earned her certification as an MSF Rider Coach in August. While she has already taught 3 classes since then, this will be the first that we teach together. Our plan is to teach together as a team going forward (usual classes are 10-12 students and 2 coaches).

Wonderful that you, and now your wife, are volunteering your time and knowledge to instruct new riders (and refresh current ones as well)!

My plans for this weekend?
Tomorrow (Saturday) morning an hour and half or so walking wooded trails on the property with my dog. I try to do this a few times each week.
Tomorrow afternoon meet my friend to ride our bicycles along the river trail, afterwards she comes to my place.
Sunday we leave early to take a scenic 3 hour drive over near Harrisonburg VA to watch my 10 year old grandson's baseball team play two games, then drive back.

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7121 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
We're visiting our daughter and son-in-law in Bismarck,ND. I think tomorrow we're going to head up to Garrison Dam and look at the lake.

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4931 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gritting my teeth over a background check for a new job with a non-computer savvy prior boss. He already gave me a good reference, but is not following “rules” on how to respond to background check company…

Posts: 407 | Location: Denton, TX | Registered: February 27, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post

Posts: 17903 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am on call for work, so one never knows.
If called in I will be doing surgery on some broken bone of some sort.

If I don’t get called in we have my VFW district meeting scheduled for my post on Saturday, then a party celebrating paying off the posts mortgage

For Sunday if not called in I will likely go to the indoor range close to home for a little trigger time, and being a life long western New Yorker before moving west, definitely will watch the game.

Posts: 3299 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Working...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Suppressed
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OttoSig:
quote:
Originally posted by Slippery Pete:

Severn Inn
O'Briens Oyster Bar and Tavern

Fun area around that part of MD. Dam good food all over.

SP,
Been overall very disappointed in the food around here, been to a couple decent spots but it feels like the area is playing the role of a coastal city known for seafood.

Annapolis is the worst culprit, been to a half dozen spots and the fish is prebattered frozen stuff, crabs taste as if they were ordered cooked that morning and kept warm all day, just a hair above a long John silvers. As if they throw nautical decor on the wall and call it a seafood joint.

My wife tasted oysters for the first time this February back home in Pensacola. Doesn’t get any better than Gulf Coast oysters in my opinion, but these up here are some bland little bitty things.

Not trying to be all negative, we found one good place with some of the beta hush puppies I’ve ever had and great atmosphere, we’re hopeful Baltimore has better choices than Annapolis. I’m sure I’m just missing the spots the locals would eat at, Annapolis is so touristy I imagine more places survive in their advertising and bar scene rather than good seafood.

Yes, downtown Annapolis restaurants are not very good. Since you are going to Baltimore, try http://www.thamesstreetoysterhouse.com/ .

A little south of Annapolis is https://ketch22.net/menu/

Posts: 3233 | Location: MD | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
Have a reservation at Ketch 22 tonight. Wife likes it better than Thames Street based off photos.

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6348 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Heading over to Idaho next week for some fall fly fishing. This weekend is getting the camper ready. Gotta make sure everything works, kick all the mice out, and clean it up.

Posts: 20131 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Suppressed
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OttoSig:
Have a reservation at Ketch 22 tonight. Wife likes it better than Thames Street based off photos.

If you have time before dinner, go 5 minutes south to Chesapeake Beach and walk along the waterfront and check out the little town. Maybe try this restaurant next https://hookandvine.com/

Posts: 3233 | Location: MD | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by snwghst:
watch MT Griz beat Idaho

Tough loss for the Griz bud!

Guess you'll be having to root for the Cats again this year. Big Grin

Posts: 20131 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
I had hoped to rebuild my Sears Craftsman Professional floor jack as it will no longer hold up my truck. I ordered a rebuild kit and took the jack apart, but I can’t get the 2” nut on top of the piston off so I had to stop and order a 2” socket for my impact wrench.

Then it was to watch the Texas UT vs. Iowa game and cook a great dinner.

Tomorrow I will either finish working on jack once the 2” socket comes in, or go visit my mom.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8669 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Plans? We don't need no stinking plans...

Didn't have anything in mind.

So far I've:

Washed the car
Met some buds for lunch
Bought a Mossberg
Traded some ammo
Got some paint
Fitted a muzzle brake for a .460
Tightened the play in a steering column

I wonder what adventures tomorrow will bring...

Posts: 9171 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Gonna be hard to sleep tonight. Helluva game!

Posts: 17903 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Keeping the economy moving since 1964
Picture of chbibc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
Will probably split some more logs to add to the wood pile before the game

Did a little splitting today as well. Red Oak, won't be ready for at least a year but decent firewood.

-----------------------
You can't fall off the floor.

Posts: 8532 | Location: Rochester, NY behind enemy lines | Registered: March 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
God I wish i had a supply of hardwood around here.

posted Hide Post
Watching two guys roof my shed. Last weekend I was busy falling off the roof of my shed.

Posts: 974 | Registered: July 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
1- Standard IDPA match Saturday

1- Outlaw IDPA match Sunday

Breakfast with the shooting gang both days

Yard projects at Mom and Dads house to wrap things up

RC

Posts: 1942 | Location: Indiana | Registered: March 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
I just finished replacing every light switch in my home. All of the plates are white but the actual switches were beige. Who does this? All of the outlets and plates are white. (Scratch head)

We bought the house 4 months ago and now I have about 50 white zwave, single and 3-way switches. All is well.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4241 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post