SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The New Wendys is Most Excellent..
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The New Wendys is Most Excellent.. Login/Join 
7.62mm Crusader
posted
The old Wendys here in Richwood was torn completely down last Winter. We were left with truck stop Sub Way, Gold Star and Sky Line chili, Penn Subs and McDonalds. I enjoy the McDonalds coffee but 50% of the time its full of grounds..yuck. The quality of McDonalds sammiches is horrible. We have a shiney new Wendys and the foods are awsome. I got a real weak spot for the Daves Double. So hot and fresh. I bet I could eat 2.. Big Grin. So after playing in the dirt all day at the Flea Market, I washed my paws and headed down with one of those Doubles in mind. Nearly a 6 dollar burger. I get to the pay window and the young lady gave me a um...the ladies in the truck in front of you paid for your meal. How damn sweet is that? Cool I gave them a gentle toot on my horn and we waved at each other. Sweet people here and this has happened many times. It made my Double even more enjoyable. Topped off my day very nicely.

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Nice, as a now deceased friend used to say. "It doesn't take much to make someone happy".They must of thought you were cute Wink Congrats!

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19111 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Pretty soon I will give that one with all the bacon a try. My friend Joe and I hit up the chili and baked potatos big time in Winter. If they would just make a banana Frosty.

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You must have happened upon the "A" team.
There is an "A" team at a near by Taco Bell,
They work the morning shift,
Haven't had a bad or mediocre breakfast in six years.

Ate supper there last week,
Not only was the order wrong,
But every thing was half size.

Took it back and got the $ back.
They would not give me the owners name number or T. b. Corporates number.

Great to hear you had a very good experience, gives me hope.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54502 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
At Gravelrama a couple of weeks ago(I know, no one else here has a clue what that was) an ice cream vendor had pineapple soft serve. Lots of things others don't have a clue about. Hmmm, I think I'll go get a pineapple sherbet right now.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18385 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Richwood is one big major construction project and its not even a little fun going down for coffee. That Wendys has been missed by a lot of the locals. Its bright shiney and new. Im already back for the chili several times. And that double burger is my friend.. Big Grin. Their breakfast sandwiches are much better than McDonalds. Three times the bacon.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
Pretty soon I will give that one with all the bacon a try.

Baconator, good.

The new one out now (big bacon cheddar), not so good.

Posts: 10045 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
I cant imagine eating the triple.. Eek

Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
I worked there in high school. My town had negative unemployment in 1988 and so I made more than double the min. wage. I was RICH! Man, those were good times. However, that was before Wendy's went to the value menu. They were still ala carte back then and it was not cheap. Even with a 50% employee discount, it was cheaper for us to walk over to the nearby BK and pay full price for our lunch.

Posts: 3493 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Wendy’s Chili is quite good given the price point. Many times I’ve rolled through and got a Chili and baked potato.

Posts: 11813 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rburg:
At Gravelrama a couple of weeks ago(I know, no one else here has a clue what that was) an ice cream vendor had pineapple soft serve. Lots of things others don't have a clue about. Hmmm, I think I'll go get a pineapple sherbet right now.

Cleves,OH Been there many times. Hell of a hill to climb!
Wendys is good for fast food.

Posts: 949 | Location: Mason, Ohio | Registered: September 16, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
McD's coffee is now sometimes served at 110˚. What the Fibonacci is this world coming to!@#$%

Saw my first scrape-to-clay McD's rebuild in the 1980s. The bugs were so impossible to eradicate they removed the restaurant to a landfill, went down another six feet for good measure, then build afresh.

More recently, a decrepit Burger King was similarly leveled and rebuilt. Mmmmmm, the old one was so disgusting. So 1970s cavernous; ten minutes waiting for takeout and your clothes would require separate washing with trippple OxiClean.

I miss fast food but the aging waistline cannot abide. Although the Freddy's pigout was August 5th ... maybe I can push out a few extra situps to afford another one soon.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
I like it too.

I always get the same thing at Wendys...small chili, Caesar side salad and two Jr. cheeseburgers that I combine onto a single bun.

They are the only fast food place I know of that has decent and not $$ salads...although I havent tried McD's salads.

quote:
Originally posted by OKCGene:
Wendy’s Chili is quite good given the price point. Many times I’ve rolled through and got a Chili and baked potato.

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
quote:
The quality of McDonalds sammiches is horrible.

I really believe McDonald's could make a resurgence if they were to simply revert to using lard in their fryers.

That being said, Wendy's breakfast is pretty good too!

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9144 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
My weekly shooting group goes to Wendy's after shooting every week.

Great coffee, and very good breakfast seasoned fries (or whatever they call them.)

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Texas Proud
Picture of texassierra
posted Hide Post
I had their jalepeno popper salad the other day and I gotta say it was pretty damn good. I'm partial to the chili as well. I hear they coming out with "hot and crispy" fries. The current product is always limp and come off as having been sitting around a while.

NRA Life Patron

Posts: 1900 | Location: DFW | Registered: March 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Just had their breakfast baconator combo yesterday..excellent!

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wendy's chilli. Yum.

McD's coffee, IF the kids there know how to make good coffee.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Suppressed
posted Hide Post
The Wendy's near me needs to be torn down. In fact, all of them in the area need to be re-modeled. The last time I was in one of them, it was dirty and the employees were straight out of the ghetto. I used to love their chili, taco salads, and Frosties.

By the way, in the drive thru, when someone pays for your order, it is usually because someone paid for theirs.

Posts: 3229 | Location: MD | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
Pretty soon I will give that one with all the bacon a try. My friend Joe and I hit up the chili and baked potatos big time in Winter. If they would just make a banana Frosty.

Yes!!!!

Posts: 7721 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post