SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The New Wendys is Most Excellent..
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The New Wendys is Most Excellent.. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Love the Spicy Chicken sandwich, plain add cheese, then squirt a packet of Wendy's chili sauce on top. Love the Chocolate Frosty. Hate their fries!

Posts: 462 | Location: Greenfield, IN | Registered: December 29, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by phil in indy:
Love the Spicy Chicken sandwich, plain add cheese, then squirt a packet of Wendy's chili sauce on top. Love the Chocolate Frosty. Hate their fries!
That was my favorite. I haven’t been in many years but you used to be able to substitute chili for the French fries.

Posts: 3920 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rburg:
At Gravelrama a couple of weeks ago(I know, no one else here has a clue what that was) .

That's a name that I haven't heard in almost 30 years. I didn't know that it is still around. There are a lot of memories of getting out of work early and driving all night in relays towing race Jeeps and trucks to barely make it on time Saturday morning. Race all weekend and drive back to upstate New York on Monday after a few hours of sleep. Good times.

--------------------------------------------
You can't have no idea how little I care.

Posts: 344 | Registered: December 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wheels:

That's a name that I haven't heard in almost 30 years.

We just had #50 a couple of weeks ago. Should have been 51 except it got cancelled because of the stupid Wuhan Flu. I was one of the workers up behind the big hill. I've been doing that for the last 38 years, so yes, I'm a new comer.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18388 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
I had the chili and a baked potato this evening. Tummy is still kinda full. Will wait a few days now before going back for another Double.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here is my go to at Wendy's

Asiago Ranch Classic Chicken Club

If I need some burger I go for the

Big Bacon Classic

Posts: 4743 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
How does the donor go about doing this since they won't know the final amount? Do they give much more than probable and tell the clerk to keep the change?

Year V

Posts: 2631 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of K0ZZZ
posted Hide Post
I still miss the Wendy's Super Bar...

... Chad

http://shotworkspro.com - Much better than scrap paper! Use 'Take5' to get 5 bucks off.

Posts: 770 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: December 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Keystoner:

How does the donor go about doing this since they won't know the final amount? Do they give much more than probable and tell the clerk to keep the change?
Pretty simple. You are car # 3 in line, and you are placing your order by speaking into the clown's mouth. Car # 2 has already placed an order and is waiting in line. As soon as car # 1 drives away, car # 2 pulls up to the window.

At this point, you (in car # 3) have already placed your order, so the cashier is able to ring it up exactly, and your benefactors in car # 2, in front of you at the window, can pay for your order.
NOTE: This only works if you're cute, like David Lee. Wink

Actually, this happened to me once. A man was not driving as carefully as he could have been, cut me off, and got into line in front of me. He had not done it deliberately, and he was kind of embarrassed. Not a big deal. I got to the window when it was my turn, he had already driven off with his order, and the cashier told me that the other driver had already paid for mine.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30669 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
Richwood is one big major construction project and its not even a little fun going down for coffee. That Wendys has been missed by a lot of the locals. Its bright shiney and new. Im already back for the chili several times. And that double burger is my friend.. Big Grin. Their breakfast sandwiches are much better than McDonalds. Three times the bacon.

I love Wendy's chili and to me, it's the best damn chili out there.. Smile

Posts: 1804 | Location: Austin TX | Registered: October 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rick Lee:
I worked there in high school. My town had negative unemployment in 1988 and so I made more than double the min. wage. I was RICH! Man, those were good times. However, that was before Wendy's went to the value menu. They were still ala carte back then and it was not cheap. Even with a 50% employee discount, it was cheaper for us to walk over to the nearby BK and pay full price for our lunch.

Yep, filled out application in high-school and was hired on the spot. Did lots of closing shifts. Would drop chicken right before close and bring home, along with a triple I would eat during Letterman. It felt like a restaurant. Salad bar was top notch. Worked at Wendy's again in college. I have no memory of that brief time.

Posts: 3520 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Texas Proud
Picture of texassierra
posted Hide Post
Try ordering through their app. Currently they have a buy one premium burger get one free deal.

NRA Life Patron

Posts: 1906 | Location: DFW | Registered: March 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Wendy's spicy chicken sandwich is my favorite chicken sandwich, I'd go to them over Chick Fil-A.

quote:
Originally posted by SigSentry:
Yep, filled out application in high-school and was hired on the spot. Did lots of closing shifts. Would drop chicken right before close and bring home, along with a triple I would eat during Letterman. It felt like a restaurant. Salad bar was top notch. Worked at Wendy's again in college. I have no memory of that brief time.

I worked there during high school and probably during the same period since you reference the salad bar.

Since the only chicken they would reuse the next day if it didn't sell was the grilled chicken, more often than not, nuggets and spicy chicken would get dropped into the fryer 10 minutes before closing for our take home meals. I used to make a double spicy chicken sandwich, that was some good shit.

Used to take home large Frosty's and have them for breakfast the following day.

We would make our own baked potato skins. The chili was pretty good, I can never forget the fact that it's the leftover burger meat. Nothing wrong with that, though.

Posts: 13111 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
There are times when I will order just 3 large beef patties, no sammich. Drown those in ketchup and salt and pepper. Mighty good little beef burgers.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Wendy's was almost extinct around here, the OKC area. They were worn out dilapidated nasty building and crappy service.

In the last couple of years they have remerged from the dead and built, and are still building, new stores. They are very nice and clean and modern.

I try to stay away from fast food, but don't succeed very well at it, and I like Wendy's now.

Posts: 11841 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post