SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Bowe Bergdahl expected to plead guilty
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bowe Bergdahl expected to plead guilty Login/Join 
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
So what exactly was the reason for this?
I couldn't tell from the article.
Essentially, a conflict of interest on the original presiding judges part.

quote:
Reggie Walton, a U.S. district judge, said the military judge who presided over Bergdahl's court martial proceedings failed to disclose his application at the time to become a federal immigration judge.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6212 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by uvahawk:
We should not forget that people were killed and wounded searching for Bergdahl. They are the ones who served with "honor and distinction." I do not recall that their sacrifice was recognized by the Administration at the time.

In addition to those killed and wounded while searching for him, IIRC from “The Outpost”, troops were killed and wounded during the attack on the base because resources that could have supported those troops were being used to search for Bergdahl.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6404 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post