SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Bowe Bergdahl expected to plead guilty
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bowe Bergdahl expected to plead guilty Login/Join 
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
With Manning's sentence being commuted and now this scumbag getting away with basically no punishment, it sends a dangerously strong signal about the costs of betraying America. It will certainly embolden those domestic enemies who hate this country.

And that Commie POS in the ARMY / from West Point, too. I wonder how he'll fare.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Altitude Minimum
Picture of BOATTRASH1
posted Hide Post
Absolutely disgusting. Should have been hung or shot, along with that freak manning.

Posts: 1223 | Location: Shalimar, FL | Registered: January 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
With Manning's sentence being commuted and now this scumbag getting away with basically no punishment, it sends a dangerously strong signal about the costs of betraying America. It will certainly embolden those domestic enemies who hate this country.

And that Commie POS in the ARMY / from West Point, too. I wonder how he'll fare.

Yeah, him and that 'Reality Winner' chick as well - forgot about both of them. Will be interesting to see if they get away with slaps on the wrist as well.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
This will only encourage more disruptive behavior from others who enlisted for selfish reasons.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29701 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Wow.

I was hoping that he'd get life and was very disappointed that the prosecution only recommended 15 years.

This? Just...wow.

Posts: 20100 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What a fucking Crock Of Shit!

I'll bet this traitorous deserter asshole is eager to profit off of his deadly cowardice with interviews, book and movie deals.

WTF?

Posts: 3476 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BOATTRASH1:
Absolutely disgusting. Should have been hung or shot, along with that freak manning.

Both

Posts: 13020 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Apparently the judge decided that Bergdahl had "suffered enough", as his lawyer stated.

Unfortunately for the families of those killed, and for those who were maimed for life, the suffering goes on.

I had hopes the military justice system would not be as corrupt as our civilian one but apparently that is not the case.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Reality Winner

I can't believe I'd already forgotten that horrendously named fool of a girl.

Yeah, the one who was crazy enough to bank on her self-described cuteness to save her.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Poacher
posted Hide Post
Now he'll move on to get 100% disability from the VA for PTSD suffered at the hands of the enemy he fled to.

Or am I mistaken that he is still eligible for VA benefits, because even with a DD, he will still have a DD214?

NRA Life Member

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Teddy Roosevelt

Posts: 2242 | Location: Newnan, GA USA | Registered: January 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
No VA benefits for an "other than Honorable" Discharge In most cases, there are exceptions.

https://www.va.gov/HEALTHBENEF...e_discharges5_17.pdf

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6487 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
No VA benefits for a DD.

Posts: 2775 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nojoy
posted Hide Post
^^ His attorneys are trying to overturn the DD too. They don't want him marked for life. We'll see where that goes.

Posts: 1292 | Location: Marysville, WA 98271 | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Poacher
posted Hide Post
At least there is sanity in that.

NRA Life Member

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Teddy Roosevelt

Posts: 2242 | Location: Newnan, GA USA | Registered: January 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
I believe a dishonorable is considered as a felony in some states no? Still not a very good example to dissuade others from doing the same in the future.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
I agree 100% with our President and his assessment of the ruling

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6487 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A travesty.

No other way to say it.

----------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
I almost believe that the judge made this ruling to spite President Trump.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
So the judge deserted as well?

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43884 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post