SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    SpaceX Is Making it Look Easy
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SpaceX Is Making it Look Easy Login/Join 
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
NASA confirms Odysseus TIPPED OVER on the moon

“NASA has confirmed that the first private owned spacecraft to land on the moon has 'tipped over on its side' - but is 'alive and well.'

Intuitive Machines had previously received data that its $118 million Odysseus was standing with its six feet on the ground, but updates reveled the lander is laying on the lunar landscape.

The company noted one of the legs became caught, causing it to fall onto its side - just one day after a white-knuckle touchdown that was confirmed as a soft landing.

CEO Steve Altemus explained he and his team were not deliberately misleading the public when they shared on X about America's return to the lunar surface - they were just 'working with old telemetry.' …”

DailyMail article:
https://mol.im/a/13119819 or

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8957 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
^^^That’s not SpaceX and probably belongs in this thread: https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...935/m/2580009605/p/1.

Posts: 10949 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I'm disappointed that more footage from the ground isn't possible with all the advancements in drone technology. The channel I was watching had three views of the empty pad with one view of the rocket ascending through overcast.

That booster loss sucked with it being so close to returning but perhaps those grid fins are too large and exert too much directional change?

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post