SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Problems accessing Sig web site using Firefox
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Problems accessing Sig web site using Firefox Login/Join 
posted
Is anyone else having problems accessing the Sig web site using Firefox? I keep getting an error message "Forbidden, you don't have permission...". I go on the site all the time in Firefox and have never had this problem before.

If I use my Chrome browser, the Sig web site opens right up.

Is that Sig's problem or mine?

Posts: 273 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: March 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of swampdog
posted Hide Post
The browser is holding on to outdated info from a cookie most probably. This isn’t uncommon. Not sure the exact location by heart since I’m on my iPad but go to Firefox’s options>preferences>privacy/security and there should be a “clear data” button. Again that may not be the exact location, but close enough you should be able to find it. Clear the data and completely close and restart Firefox and that should do it.

Posts: 588 | Location: Colorado via South Louisiana | Registered: September 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by swampdog:
The browser is holding on to outdated info from a cookie most probably. This isn’t uncommon. Not sure the exact location by heart since I’m on my iPad but go to Firefox’s options>preferences>privacy/security and there should be a “clear data” button. Again that may not be the exact location, but close enough you should be able to find it. Clear the data and completely close and restart Firefox and that should do it.

Cleared all data but still getting the "Forbidden" error message in Firefox. Of course now I have to log back in to all my various web sites since it also cleared all my login data.

Posts: 273 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: March 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Have you restarted the PC? That usually solves most issues.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beancooker:
Have you restarted the PC? That usually solves most issues.

I've restarted my PC, told it to forget the Sig web site in history, and disabled my ad blocker, all to no avail. I'm beginning to think that it might be something on their end. Hopefully it will clear up when everyone is back to work this Monday morning.

Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by les45:
quote:
Originally posted by swampdog:

Cleared all data but still getting the "Forbidden" error message in Firefox. Of course now I have to log back in to all my various web sites since it also cleared all my login data.

I was getting this same message when attempting to navigate (clicked on a link) to a page on the Sig Sauer website on Saturday PM. It was weird...I clicked on a link and 'Forbidden', truncated the URL to go to the homepage and nope. I even typed out SigSauer.com in to the address bar of a new tab and 'Forbidden'. Then I checked Brave and it worked worked fine...weird. Ultimately I updated Firefox ESR and everything worked normally after that.

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8883 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
quote:
Is that Sig's problem or mine?

Works for me using Firefox.

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6852 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

I was getting this same message when attempting to navigate (clicked on a link) to a page on the Sig Sauer website on Saturday PM. It was weird...I clicked on a link and 'Forbidden', truncated the URL to go to the homepage and nope. I even typed out SigSauer.com in to the address bar of a new tab and 'Forbidden'. Then I checked Brave and it worked worked fine...weird. Ultimately I updated Firefox ESR and everything worked normally after that.

That was my problem too. I was running Firefox ESR because I had had problems with some previous updates. I updated today to the latest version of Firefox and everything works fine now. Thanks for that info.

posted Hide Post
mine is working with Firefox.....

Posts: 449 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Firefox working fine here also. Maybe your browser has one or more parameters set too restrictive for the site?

Posts: 1179 | Location: NE Indiana  | Registered: January 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No issues with SIGforum, but have been getting the "don't have permission" message intermittently for Duluth trading Co. while using Brave on my laptop. It can be accessed with Chrome. No problem using Brave on the phone though (?).

Posts: 770 | Location: SW Michigan | Registered: January 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
Mine's working too. But maybe Sig was doing maintenance this morning.

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
No problem here.

Posts: 9508 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Problem solved (can't edit original post). I was running an older version of Firefox (ESR). When I updated it fixed the problem. Thanks for all the inputs.

posted Hide Post
I use Firefox no problem

Posts: 655 | Location: South Texas | Registered: February 27, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post