SIGforum
Problems accessing Sig web site using Firefox

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/1170095694

November 28, 2022, 12:42 AM
les45
Problems accessing Sig web site using Firefox
Is anyone else having problems accessing the Sig web site using Firefox? I keep getting an error message "Forbidden, you don't have permission...". I go on the site all the time in Firefox and have never had this problem before.

If I use my Chrome browser, the Sig web site opens right up.

Is that Sig's problem or mine?
November 28, 2022, 01:08 AM
swampdog
The browser is holding on to outdated info from a cookie most probably. This isn’t uncommon. Not sure the exact location by heart since I’m on my iPad but go to Firefox’s options>preferences>privacy/security and there should be a “clear data” button. Again that may not be the exact location, but close enough you should be able to find it. Clear the data and completely close and restart Firefox and that should do it.
November 28, 2022, 01:36 AM
les45
quote:
Originally posted by swampdog:
The browser is holding on to outdated info from a cookie most probably. This isn’t uncommon. Not sure the exact location by heart since I’m on my iPad but go to Firefox’s options>preferences>privacy/security and there should be a “clear data” button. Again that may not be the exact location, but close enough you should be able to find it. Clear the data and completely close and restart Firefox and that should do it.

Cleared all data but still getting the "Forbidden" error message in Firefox. Of course now I have to log back in to all my various web sites since it also cleared all my login data.
November 28, 2022, 05:18 AM
Beancooker
Have you restarted the PC? That usually solves most issues.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread
November 28, 2022, 06:17 AM
les45
quote:
Originally posted by Beancooker:
Have you restarted the PC? That usually solves most issues.

I've restarted my PC, told it to forget the Sig web site in history, and disabled my ad blocker, all to no avail. I'm beginning to think that it might be something on their end. Hopefully it will clear up when everyone is back to work this Monday morning.
November 28, 2022, 06:25 AM
nhracecraft
quote:
Originally posted by les45:
quote:
Originally posted by swampdog:

Cleared all data but still getting the "Forbidden" error message in Firefox. Of course now I have to log back in to all my various web sites since it also cleared all my login data.

I was getting this same message when attempting to navigate (clicked on a link) to a page on the Sig Sauer website on Saturday PM. It was weird...I clicked on a link and 'Forbidden', truncated the URL to go to the homepage and nope. I even typed out SigSauer.com in to the address bar of a new tab and 'Forbidden'. Then I checked Brave and it worked worked fine...weird. Ultimately I updated Firefox ESR and everything worked normally after that.

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!
November 28, 2022, 06:39 AM
Shaql
quote:
Is that Sig's problem or mine?

Works for me using Firefox.

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.
November 28, 2022, 07:09 AM
les45
quote:

I was getting this same message when attempting to navigate (clicked on a link) to a page on the Sig Sauer website on Saturday PM. It was weird...I clicked on a link and 'Forbidden', truncated the URL to go to the homepage and nope. I even typed out SigSauer.com in to the address bar of a new tab and 'Forbidden'. Then I checked Brave and it worked worked fine...weird. Ultimately I updated Firefox ESR and everything worked normally after that.

That was my problem too. I was running Firefox ESR because I had had problems with some previous updates. I updated today to the latest version of Firefox and everything works fine now. Thanks for that info.
November 28, 2022, 07:51 AM
kyoung
mine is working with Firefox.....
November 28, 2022, 07:58 AM
tsmccull
Firefox working fine here also. Maybe your browser has one or more parameters set too restrictive for the site?
November 28, 2022, 08:20 AM
NOCkid
No issues with SIGforum, but have been getting the "don't have permission" message intermittently for Duluth trading Co. while using Brave on my laptop. It can be accessed with Chrome. No problem using Brave on the phone though (?).
November 28, 2022, 08:21 AM
IrishWind
Mine's working too. But maybe Sig was doing maintenance this morning.

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!
November 28, 2022, 09:16 AM
220-9er
No problem here.

November 28, 2022, 09:52 AM
les45
Problem solved (can't edit original post). I was running an older version of Firefox (ESR). When I updated it fixed the problem. Thanks for all the inputs.
November 28, 2022, 12:38 PM
wxl
I use Firefox no problem