SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Reheating pizza
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Reheating pizza Login/Join 
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted
This article has much bad advice IMO. The only correct part:

“Tests conducted by the delivery giant [Domino's Australia] on restoring leftovers to their former glory of crispy bases and melted tops found individual slices are best reheated on a dry frying pan or in an oven set to a low temperature.”

https://mol.im/a/8378297

My method: I preheat my Breville Smart Grill to 320 °F, put two slices of pizza on its bottom plate then lower its top plate, with its hold-off set to hover over the pizza, without touching it. Three minutes later the pizza is nearly as good as fresh-made.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8961 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fool for the City
Picture of MRMATT
posted Hide Post
I like to pop it in the toaster over on the toast setting for a few minutes.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington.

Posts: 5292 | Location: Pottstown, PA | Registered: April 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
I reheat pizza on the bare grate in an oven or toaster oven set to convection 500F.

I think it comes out better reheated than when freshly delivered.

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like to fire up the grill and toss slices right on the grate with closed lid

Posts: 3987 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Donate Blood,
Save a Life!
Picture of StarTraveler
posted Hide Post
Years ago, Pizza Hut’s delivery boxes recommended reheating leftover pizza in the oven at 325 degrees Fahrenheit (I don’t know if they still do). I do it that way with our homemade pizza and am usually pleased with the results. A single slice goes right on the rack, multiples on a baking sheet. It takes less than five minutes, mostly for the oven to warm up.

"Aut viam inveniam aut faciam (I will either find a way or make one)." -- Hannibal Barca

Posts: 2106 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
and every one of them words rang true and glowed like burnin’ coal.
Picture of TannerBoyl
posted Hide Post
I think much of it has to do with how you store it overnight. I always put pizza in a sealable container or ziplock bag. My girlfriend leaves the pizza in the pizza box and puts it in the fridge. I think my way yields a less stale crust.

I also like the frying pan method to heat pizza, but mostly I enjoy cold pizza.

Posts: 4594 | Location: Redondo Beach, California | Registered: February 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not easy being me
posted Hide Post
Pipe Smoker really wants me to purchase a Breville Smart Grill. I started researching them after reading the omelette thread, and now this! Big Grin

Posts: 2769 | Location: Middle TN | Registered: March 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
If I am eating it the next day, I do not refrigerate. It comes back to life better I think.

Posts: 5906 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: September 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
If it aint fresh, the only way to eat it is cold.

I do on occasion have to re-heat for my daughter, sprinkle with a bit of water and microwave for about 30 seconds, she likes it

Posts: 5325 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
Microwave

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3485 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Air fryer for the win!

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16224 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Reheat pizza? Save original box. Place in oven with pizza 300 deg. Throw away pizza. Eat box.

Awake not woke

Posts: 568 | Location: Citrus Springs, Fl. | Registered: January 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rev. A. J. Forsyth
posted Hide Post
quote:

Preach brother!

Posts: 1639 | Location: Winston-Salem  | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:

Amen, straight from the box.

2nd choice would be to toss it on the stove in a skillet to crisp the crust a bit.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15333 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Yup. Oven on low or a cast iron pan. Patience is the key. Works great.

Microwaving Pizza almost ought to be illegal. Like Ketchup on hotdogs. (wretch)

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be prepared for loud noise and recoil
Picture of sigalert
posted Hide Post
Cast iron pan on the stove woks great. Crisp crust. Bubbly cheese.

“Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant.” – James Madison

"Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Posts: 3620 | Location: Middle Tennessee  | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Put a microwave-safe glass/mug filled with water in the microwave, along with the plate with the pizza on it. This prevents the crust from getting gummy/chewy.

Not quite as good as reheating it in the oven or on the grill, but a lot faster, and better than just sticking it in the microwave alone.

Posts: 32517 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LimaCharlie
posted Hide Post
Years ago, I was supervising a construction crew that traveled extensively. I went to the motel room of one of my employees one morning to make sure he was up. His girlfriend had travelled to meet him. He answered the door. His girlfriend was setting cross legged in the middle of the bed warming the pizza from the night before with her hair dryer. Every time I warm pizza, I think of that scene.

U.S. Army, Retired

Posts: 3725 | Location: Northwest Oregon | Registered: June 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I've heard of cooking grilled cheese with a clothes iron, but never thought of reheating pizza with a hair dryer. Big Grin

Posts: 32517 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
30-sec in micro, then a minute or two in a toaster oven.

Posts: 2016 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post