SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Oh, great. Now it’s monkeypox
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Oh, great. Now it’s monkeypox Login/Join 
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted
Getting kinda tired of this crap.

“Health officials in Massachusetts have detected a monkeypox infection in a man who has recently returned from Canada.

Its Department of Health said the individual was hospitalized, but in a 'good condition'. They are now tracing his close contacts.

It is the first confirmed infection with the virus in the U.S. this year, and comes a day after CDC officials said they were monitoring six potential cases…”

Daily Mail article:
https://mol.im/a/10830979

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8992 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Didn’t the last monkeypox come from Canada? Patient Zero?

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Canada? Dang snowbeaners.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30420 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
Be careful, Sigmonkey. Wink

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10495 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Time for a Monkeypox vaccine.

Posts: 1454 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Possible slight protection from small pox vaccine if you had the shot.

Posts: 17258 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
It's going to be a monkey poxalypse !!! Eek

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16527 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So, has anyone seen Sigmonkey lately? Big Grin

"I, however, place economy among the first and most important republican virtues, and public debt as the greatest of the dangers to be feared." Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 1538 | Location: Hartford, AL | Registered: April 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Well, crap...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43911 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
If anyone is gonna get this…it’ll be me….thought the ‘bola got me back in 04 or maybe it was 05…I dunno, I’ve been mostly dead all day.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11298 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not easy being me
posted Hide Post
Wait...sigmonkey is the face of a new health scare? Eek Big Grin

Posts: 2769 | Location: Middle TN | Registered: March 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I caught the bird flu back in about 2014. Very inconvenient, very embarrassing. No matter where I parked my car, before I could get across the parking lot I had to stop and crap on someone's windshield.

Retired holster maker.
Retired police chief.
Formerly Sergeant, US Army Airborne Infantry, Pathfinders

Posts: 1097 | Location: Colorado | Registered: March 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by craglawnmanor:
Wait...sigmonkey is the face of a new health scare? Eek Big Grin

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43911 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Call it T-Rex pox. I don't give a damn, I'm done with all this ridiculous BS.

And all sigmonkey needs is a nice bunch of bananas and he'll be back in fighting form in no time. Razz

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Aw nuts. Another 1,000+ page thread.

Posts: 10988 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
Aw nuts. Another 1,000+ page thread.

Ha!

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6852 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Did someone bang a monkey again?

Posts: 5341 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
Fauci will be elbowing his way onto a podium soon.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3453 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Scamdemic 2.0

Q

Posts: 26440 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post