SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    An Obama Joins the Birther Movement
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

An Obama Joins the Birther Movement Login/Join 
Essayons
Picture of SapperSteel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmanic:
quote:
Please explain why?

Because it's not a settled, verified story yet. I can't sign off yet on Malik's version here. If it is solid, then Trump can tweet away. I just hope he waits to find out.

^^^ Didn't mean to step on Balze's toes, BTW - and I'm not trying to answer for him. Cool

Why do you guys assume that Mr. Trump knows no more about any issue he tweets about than you do? Isn't it just possible that he knows more than you do?

His tweets aren't wild-eyed bullshit. Provocative as hell, yes. Based in fact, yes. Intended to play the fourth estate like a fiddle, yes. But bullshit, no.

Thanks,

Sap

Posts: 3452 | Location: Arimo, Idaho | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
quote:
Why do you guys assume that Mr. Trump knows no more about any issue he tweets about than you do? Isn't it just possible that he knows more than you do?

Perhaps, and if he does, as you say, then he will prudently wait to tweet about this until it is valid. And we can all rejoice! Tweeting prematurely on this one wouldn't be a good thing, that's all.

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SapperSteel:
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
. . .I just pray that we don't see a tweet from the President about this. . .

Please explain why?

You really want him to dive back into this just because of a tweet from Obama's half brother?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30881 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
IIRC, before she died unexpectedly and suspiciously, didn't his grandmother say that she'd witnessed his birth IN KENYA?

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27911 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
As a recent example of frivolous tweets, less than a week ago Trump tweeted criticisms about Arnold Schwartzenegger and Celebrity Apprentice. Valid? Perhaps, but what good could it possibly do? I wish he would just leave the garbage and nonsense out of his feed as it does him more harm than good.

Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
So, what can we conclude here?

Well, we certainly have a lot more evidence that BHO was born in Kenya than we do of any 'Russian hacking' of the Presidential Election, now don't we!

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9428 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Essayons
Picture of SapperSteel
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by SapperSteel:
quote:
. . .I just pray that we don't see a tweet from the President about this. . .

Please explain why?

You really want him to dive back into this just because of a tweet from Obama's half brother?

What I'm saying is that a tweet from Trump indicates that there is basis in fact for the issue. Trump does NOT tweet bullshit. He tweets provocatively, he puts the press (the Fourth estate) into a state of frenzy in which they assert "no proof!" regarding fact that they themselves have previously published thereby making asses of themselves.

If you see a tweet from Trump on the birther issue, you can be sure he knows more than you do about it. He may tweet it like a slap in the face. He may not provide "proof", preferring instead to leave the issue hanging in the air like a fart in Sunday School. He may use it to whip the left into frothing madness. But if he tweets it it will be because there's a foundation to the issue.

So why in the world would you hope he does NOT tweet it? It is as if you are hoping that the whole birther issue is just bullshit.

Obama sold himself as a Kenyan for decades.

He went to college by taking advantage of funding and admissions policies that favored "disadvantaged" foreigners.

He floated a proven forgery of a Hawaiian birth certificate.

The stench of the whole issue originates with Obama. And I'd love it if Trump blew that stench right back on Obama, the Democrat Party, the MSM, and the spineless 2008-2016 Do-nothing Congress.

Thanks,

Sap

Posts: 3452 | Location: Arimo, Idaho | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Essayons
Picture of SapperSteel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmanic:
As a recent example of frivolous tweets, less than a week ago Trump tweeted criticisms about Arnold Schwartzenegger and Celebrity Apprentice. Valid? Perhaps, but what good could it possibly do? I wish he would just leave the garbage and nonsense out of his feed as it does him more harm than good.

Really? The man should lose all interest in a previous lucrative income source?

Kind of like if a doctor got elected to president (think Carson), you think he would NEVER tweet about medicine because that would just be "frivolous" since he's now the president?

I think if you think about it, you'll see that your position isn't reasonable. Of course he is interested in who is doing what was his previous job and how well he is doing it. Why wouldn't he be? Why in the world is that "frivolous"?

And just how does pissing off the left and making asses of the MSM do him more harm than good? It got him where he is. I sure as hell don't want him to stop! I'm NOT tired, not in the least, of winning!

Thanks,

Sap

Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
quote:
Why in the world is that "frivolous"?

Because it is beneath him and his office. If he is going to tweet it should be focused on more substantive issues. Throwing rocks at Arnold only serves to diminish his stature and give more ammo to his detractors. It's nothing but small potatoes, relatively speaking.

I don't mind him tweeting, at all. And I enjoy his battles and manipulations of the media. I'm a solid fan of The Donald. But I wish his tweets were more refined and focused on substantial issues, at times. No one really cares what the president thinks about Arnold, and wasting key strokes on it only wastes his political capital.

Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
"His tweets aren't wild-eyed bullshit. Provocative as hell, yes. Based in fact, yes. Intended to play the fourth estate like a fiddle, yes. But bullshit, no."

.....seems at times a bit like "political Tourettes" though.......

Posts: 9873 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
Improbity has and will always follow BHO.

I know the press is expected to eyeball the candidates and the process generally. I would assume that any candidate for POTUS would be personally responsible for providing whatever basic documentation that is used to qualify their candidacy under the constitution. But what government entity is actually responsible for the verification/validation of such?

Have there been any changes made to the process since the 2008 election to try and ensure this kind of jiggery pokery doesn't get to play out again?

I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all. -Ecclesiastes 9:11

Posts: 7388 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGnified:
For 17 years while on the lecture circuit, Barack was self-described as being foreign born (Kenya).

More so, his Hawaiian birth certificate as presented was proven (to win a $20,000 prize, IIRC) to be wholly fabricated via a very specific "recipe" for making a nine layer PDF document. That can only be done electronically. A simple xeroxing of that document would've reduced it to one layer, but the one presented to us online was clearly faked. It was such a complicated process, and thus the reward/price to figure out how it was actually manufactured was collected.

Now I have no idea where that man was born, but I believe in my heart of hearts that he certainly lied about it in order to either succor federal subsidies at Columbia University as a foreign born student (where his records have been completely sealed), and/or trying to deal with and find his "authentic black self" as he writes about in his book.

Either way he is fraudulent.

Yes, it's all very suspect. I don't know where he was born... but he worked awful hard and awful long to make sure we don't find out the truth. That .pdf was fake. The question is why was it faked? He MAY have been born in Kenya when his mother visited over there.

Either he lied to get student aid/scholarships or he was born in Kenya. Either way he is fraudulent. But it may never be publicly proven.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24572 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would LOVE for this to be true, but I would think someone with money and/or power already looked under every rock to try and prove he wasn't born in the US. Hope I am wrong and this gets traction.

Posts: 3118 | Location: Germantown, TN | Registered: June 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dcowboyscr
posted Hide Post
Wouldn't the date for Obama's mother's DOB be in the British/European format on a Kenyan birth certificate? With as many rich/powerful people trying to prove he was Kenyan born for what 8-9 years I'd think if there was proof to be found we'd already have found it.

"Clear Eyes. Full Hearts. Can't Lose."

Posts: 3099 | Location: Indianapolis, Indiana, USA | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JordanR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
Imagine the fallout...

Sorry, wouldn't be any fallout.
Half of this great nation thinks the mighty kenyan walks on water and it would not matter to them if he was born in kenya.

I venture to say that even if he admitted it in a press conference these folks still would not believe it.

“We’re going to win so much. You’re going to get tired of winning. You’re going to say, ‘Please, Mr. President, I have a headache. Please, don’t win so much,’” he vowed.

Posts: 564 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: May 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
quote:
National deficit doubled under him.
the DEBTis what doubled, and it's much worse than the deficit doubling.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I don't know man I
just got here myself
Picture of mrw
posted Hide Post
I remember reading an article about this Kenya birth certificate some time ago during the whole birther issue. A copy of this "new" document supposedly resided in a document archive in London. Kenya was some form of British colony in 1961 and it seems that copies of birth certificates were archived in London.I am surprised it took this long to surface. I expect the Kenyan's college records will soon surface which will categorize him as a "foreign" student.

mrw

Hand Made Custom Knives
www.sandownforge.com

Posts: 1748 | Location: Gulf Coast Florida | Registered: June 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dies Irae
Picture of Opus Dei
posted Hide Post
Knowing what we do of his family, I suspect his mother would've made it a point to whelp him abroad.

Posts: 5784 | Location: Fort Heathen, Texas | Registered: February 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
I have said Obama was the single Greatest Fraud ever perpetuated on the American People.
That and Michelle packing a Rod in his panties...

https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...050018905#1050018905

Posts: 8665 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arabiancowboy
posted Hide Post
I am glad to see this discussion in the forum, thanks for posting. I still believe Obama was illegitimate and the many questions about his birth certificate were never resolved. When the issue was brought up, the leftists used bullying tactics to shout down and laugh at "conspirators" and "crazies" who would entertain such nonsense.... exactly the same tactics they use against climate change "deniers" and basically anything else where actual investigation needs to happen. in my job, it was forbidden to even discuss this matter.

Also I've avoided the topic because there was some element of me that wanted this nation to heal and I know addressing this will require lots of uncomfortable questions. This issue is more likely to further divide rather than heal our nation. So, for those two reasons (leftist professional bullying at work and a desire to see our nation less divided) I've not spoken about this birther thing.

However, I am increasingly of the opinion that our nation cannot heal and we will see some kind of split within my lifetime. Like a married couple who fight about everything, make each other miserable, and can't remember why they even fell in love our nation is filled with people who hate each other. Our side has ignored grievances and acquiesced to social bullying out of kindness and obligation, but I'm sick of it. And I imagine others feel like me. I think the birther story has legs because actual investigation was hampered and mocked. I think those legs should be exposed and then we all collectively draw lines and chose a side.

Posts: 2449 | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post