SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Dr Michael Mosley: Sorry vegans, I won't give up steak any time soon
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dr Michael Mosley: Sorry vegans, I won't give up steak any time soon Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Sportshooter,

Vegetables are great and an extremely necessary part of any healthy diet! By volume, the Paleo diet when followed to the letter is about 90% veggies, fruit, and nuts and only 10% meats.

The point is that the meat and fat wasn't your problem...it was the totality of your diet and lifestyle. Of course a switch from whatever that was to a whole foods plant based diet is going to make a big difference. But so would a whole food diet including meat.

In any case, glad you are doing better and just make sure you are getting all the essential fatty acids your body needs to make hormones and all the ammino acids it needs as well. Consider adding free range whole eggs back in...awesome food!

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Trophy Husband
Picture of C L Wilkins
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:

I’m not about to give up “processed” meat either. Certainly not Thumann's Braunschweiger. Give it another few years and the nutritionist will proclaim that processed meats are good for you after all.

Or Nathan's hotdogs, smothered in Wolf Brand Chili with chopped onions and shredded cheese. Cool

CW

Posts: 3204 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just having a good time
Picture of ragman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by C L Wilkins:
quote:

I’m not about to give up “processed” meat either. Certainly not Thumann's Braunschweiger. Give it another few years and the nutritionist will proclaim that processed meats are good for you after all.

A man after my own heart. Smile
Or Nathan's hotdogs, smothered in Wolf Brand Chili with chopped onions and shredded cheese. Cool

CW

" I didn't fail the test,I just found 100 ways to do it wrong." - Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 1490 | Location: N. C. | Registered: November 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He had me at steak.

Posts: 6897 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JohnCourage
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Brett B:
Almost all of the studies I have read showing that red meat was bad for you lump red meat and other processed meats (like salami, pepperoni, etc) together.<snip>

Grass Land Beef also makes a Braunschweiger. Grass fed and no sugar. I love it and it's a great way to get some beef liver in your diet

JC

Posts: 1273 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post