SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    tournament thread (march madness)
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

tournament thread (march madness) Login/Join 
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted
Oakland beat Kentucky. Oregon beat South Carolina for a couple of upsets. BYU loss. NV. gave one away.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19196 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mttaylor1066
posted Hide Post
Kentucky basketball chat boards will be melting down tonight.

Company, villainous company hath been the spoil of me.

Posts: 1602 | Location: Stamford, CT | Registered: July 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Our resident UK fan at work will be grumpy tomorrow.

I'm looking forward to seeing what NC State does with Texas Tech tonight, and of course VT vs Ohio State on Saturday.

God bless America.

Posts: 13506 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:

I'm looking forward to seeing what NC State does with Texas Tech tonight,

TT is always a pretty scrappy team. That should be a good one.

Zags had no trouble with their first rounder.

Posts: 20118 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
crazy heart
Picture of mod29
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
Zags had no trouble with their first rounder.

Yep, they looked good. Go Zags!

Posts: 1782 | Location: WA | Registered: January 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Good to see Wazzu win.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19196 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mttaylor1066
posted Hide Post
Rupp Rafters chat board makes for entertaining reading this morning. Let’s see what the Cats are saying now:

- Calipari is a “human pile of vomit.”
- Several posters won’t watch another minute of UK basketball until Calipari is fired.
- Someone is challenging any local UK fan to rent a moving van and park it in front of Calipari’s house.
- Calipari is an “unfaithful POS.”
- Calipari is a “washed up clown.”
- Tubby Smith left UK but Calipari is staying because Calipari is white. (I can’t follow that logic… but these are Kentucky fans.)
- The UK Athletic Director either is a POS, has no testicles, eats male sexual organs, has no brain, is in a relationship with Calipari, is a doofus, wears a cheerleading skirt while waiting for Calipari to get off the team plane… or a combination of the above.

,,, and yes, I am an Indiana fan. So I am biased in my reporting… and IU’s recent performance should preclude me from gloating over the misfortune of Kentucky fans.

But I can’t help myself!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mttaylor1066,

Company, villainous company hath been the spoil of me.

Posts: 1602 | Location: Stamford, CT | Registered: July 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mttaylor1066:
Rupp Rafters chat board makes for entertaining reading this morning. Let’s see what the Cats are saying now:

- Several posters won’t watch another minute of UK basketball until Calipari is fired.
- Someone is challenging any local UK fan to rent a moving van and park it in front of Calipari’s house.
- Tubby Smith left UK but Calipari is staying because Calipari is white. (I can’t follow that logic… but these are Kentucky fans.)
- The UK Athletic Director either is a POS, has no testicles, eats male sexual organs, has no brain, is in a relationship with Calipari, is a doofus, wears a cheerleading skirt while waiting for Calipari to get off the team plane… or a combination of the above.

,,, and yes, I am an Indiana fan. So I am biased in my reporting… and IU’s recent performance should preclude me from gloating over the misfortune of Kentucky fans.

But I can’t help myself!

I'll be surprised if Calipari survives with his job. If I were a KY fan (and I'm NOT) I'd be wanting a change. They (he) has way under performed the last several years at tourney time. I think part of it is the heavy reliance on recruiting the young "stars" who will go pro after the first year. Results in no experienced team members at tourney time.

Posts: 1963 | Location: Indiana or Florida depending on season  | Registered: March 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
I was talking smack in 2023 leading up to Purdue's first round game. Given the outcome of last year, I'm quiet as a church mouse this year.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23286 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Arizona has a nasty habit of entering the tournament highly seeded, then losing, like they did to Princeton last year. They took care of business yesterday and spanked Long Beach State by 20. Go Cats. Bear Down.

Today I’ll watch Nebraska against (no small amount of irony) Texas A&M, where Nebraska’s AD has landed, much to the surprise and chagrin of Husker faithful. Nebraska point guard, Keisei Tominaga, has been a big story this year, and he has generated a lot of interest from Japanese press. He’s fun to watch.

Posts: 13277 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
TT is always a pretty scrappy team. That should be a good one.

I watched the first half and had to go to bed.

This morning's news was good!

God bless America.

Posts: 13506 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
Samford was robbed by the phantom foul, with seconds to go, in the game against Kansas. But hey, we can't let the riff raff get above themselves.

Posts: 12469 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
My daughter is a grad student at UNC so that is who I'm following.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4016 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
I was talking smack in 2023 leading up to Purdue's first round game. Given the outcome of last year, I'm quiet as a church mouse this year.

Yes, pulling for Purdue (Wife's alma mater) as well. Not going to be talking any smack especially based on how they finished that game against Wisconsin.

Posts: 1963 | Location: Indiana or Florida depending on season  | Registered: March 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Powers77:
quote:

But I can’t help myself!

I'll be surprised if Calipari survives with his job. If I were a KY fan (and I'm NOT) I'd be wanting a change. They (he) has way under performed the last several years at tourney time. I think part of it is the heavy reliance on recruiting the young "stars" who will go pro after the first year. Results in no experienced team members at tourney time.

He has a lifetime contract until he retires then becomes a full university ambassador for the remainder of his life.
It’s going to cost them an unbelievable amount of money to get rid of him.
Word is he has secured RIDICULOUS amounts of NIL money for the upcoming seasons.

I’d be very surprised to see him let go by UK.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25430 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:

He has a lifetime contract until he retires then becomes a full university ambassador for the remainder of his life.
Word is he has secured RIDICULOUS amounts of NIL money for the upcoming seasons.

$33.4 million to be exact, that's the buyout, then you'd have probably another $20 million to get a coach qualified and strong enough to handle working for the BBN.

Doubt it will happen, Cal draws talent, he just needs better staff to run the game plan, but the boo birds have been out on his butt all year, and rightfully so, he's underperformed since 2019 with enough talent to fill a top level NBA team.

Cals all about the players, La Familia is his catch phrase, the problem is it's only about players, and getting them into the NBA. He's lost a connection to the history, traditions, fans, donors, winning games.

Of course there are two ways to fix it, 1) win games or 2) leave.

Right now the GTFOT gang has got the fuel to push that fire...

Posts: 23489 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
quote:
Originally posted by Powers77:
quote:

But I can’t help myself!

I didn't know about this Golden Parachute of a contract. He negotiated well.

always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Just like the fading of SU football from the great Syracuse football teams of the '60s and '70s under coach Ben Schwartzwalder (with players like Jim Brown, Ernie Davis, John Mackey, Floyd Little, Larry Csonka, Art Thoms, Dwight Freeney, Art Monk, and others), Syracuse basketball is a shadow of its former glory and this year again did not make the selection for the NCAA Tournament for the third consecutive year.

I'm an old fart that misses those days.
46 players in the Jim Boeheim era have been drafted by NBA teams, with 23 of those being first-round selections. And no, I'm not an SU alumnus, just grew up in that area. Earned my degrees elsewhere.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16228 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rebel Without a Clue
Picture of squad13
posted Hide Post
Any Dayton Flyer Alum??

Make a run today Flyers!!

Posts: 958 | Location: Ohio | Registered: August 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Watching the Iowa Girls

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54658 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post