SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Amazon - bringing home spying to a whole new level: Introducing Astro
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Amazon - bringing home spying to a whole new level: Introducing Astro Login/Join 
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mutedblade:
So when will Skynet becoming self aware?

Originally on August 29, 1997 but everyone kept screwing with the timeline so now we don’t know.

Posts: 13743 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
Yeah the last movie Dark Fate I am not sure what is cannon anymore, was it Genysis? where nothing from the first movies happened? or is it Dark Fate? I dont know.

I always wanted a robot, and some robots are great, especially dealing with autism etc. But this thing, tied to all security cameras and other house automation crap, well it does freak me out a little. Not from the robot, but from Amazon and yes, BigTech being able to use it.

We already have issues with them "sharing internet bandwidth load" with our neighbors, They are also looking at stress and our voices and whether to alert authorities. The iwatch will tell you that your heart isnt right (identified my MIL's AFib) So how long until they are looking for dangerous ideas and 'misinformation' etc. Or, were sorry you have exceeded your caloric load for your activity level, or your bank account is locked until we have proof of your vaccine.

I cant believe I just typed that.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3591 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
We don’t allow these devices into our home, but, even if that wasn’t an obstacle, I fail to see the value in this device.

Deliver a drink to someone in the next room? Seriously?

A mobile video screen to follow you around the house? Pass.

Patrol the house at night looking for infiltrating raccoons? Yawn.

I have no doubt there will be people willing to buy these things. But, I suspect the novelty will quickly wear off and this thing will get tossed in the closet.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6405 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cold Ass Honkey
Picture of Sig Vicious
posted Hide Post

------------------------------
Never fully gruntled.

Posts: 2173 | Location: OR-ee-GUN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
Make it a Cherry 2000 and you'd have my interest...

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1681 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigFan:

Me too. Wink

Posts: 2679 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
Do you remember "Hal" from the movie 2001 Space Odessey. ....................drill sgt.

Posts: 2010 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigFan:

It better self clean better than my oven that’s all I’m sayin’. Razz

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7683 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I'd boot that fucking thing clear across the room, then drop the pieces into a blender.

Once that thing bats it’s eyes at you, making a cooing sound while doing a 360 spin it will be sleeping in your bed before you know it.

Posts: 5418 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post