SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Made in USA products you like?
Page 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 12
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Made in USA products you like? Login/Join 
Picture of SOTAR
posted Hide Post
Funny I was looking just last week for a Made in the USA watch.

Detroit Watch Co I just found Detroit Watch last week.

- Swiss Movements
- American made cases, bands etc...
- Assembled and serviced in Birmingham Michigan
- higher-end watches overall. Plus a lot of Michigan related themes to their watches.

Was also around prior to Shinola.

Only a few all USA watches exist, There is a guy who in Portland is making 1-2 a month.

A longer list of Made In USA watches here. Actually there are a few that are full USA. I want to rattle them off, however, you all might enjoy just scrolling through this list USA Watches

I have 2 Bernhardt Watches Designed here, some are assembled here, some in Asia. good Japanese movements. Cases out of Asia. But a really nice limited production, unique watch for the money.

Shinola nice company to be helping to revitalize Detroit. Actually assembled in Detroit from Swiss movements and Asian cases. Not sure why they can't get a Detroit Metro machine shop to make them cases... The founder was also a founder of Fossil, started Shinola to make things in Detroit. Shinola also has assembled and sold bikes. The frames are Made in USA, and are sourced from Waterford Wisconsin. AKA Waterford Cycles which was founded and run by Richard Schwinn. Waterford makes nice bikes,

quote:
I’m wondering if Shinola Watches “Made in Detroit” qualifies, even though they use some imported materials?

And who would want to wear something named Shinola? However, they are not a cheap watch.

- The movements are Swiss parts, assembled in Detroit.
- The cases are sourced out of Asia.

IMO: What the heck can they not source cases from a local machine shop in the metro area.... It is something that could easily be done. Heck even get a CAD/CAM mill and do it...

Posts: 1037 | Location: portland, OR | Registered: October 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am a traditionalist when it comes to my duty gear. I know all leather duty gear has fallen out of favor due to the weight, expense and upkeep but I love it.

Now as I get older I like the basket weave design more than the clarino.

One name brand I have always enjoyed buying and wearing is Boston Leather gear.

I know Aker used to make good leather belts to wear under your gun belt or off duty but I cannot say for certain if it is still true.

Another company I have recently found is Daltech force and I want to try a trouser belt by them.

Ruana American made knives.
I am still itching to buy a knife from them.
I was trying to get one before I shipped out to Afghanistan back in 2014 but I wouldn't get it in time. I will say this they are very nice people.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tequila with lime
posted Hide Post
Primo Ceramic Grills are made in USA.

Does anyone know of a vacuum sealer that is either made in USA or just not made in China?

Thank you President Trump.

Posts: 8366 | Location: KS, USA | Registered: May 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Darn Tough socks, Boardroom Socks, some New Balance shoes, some Allen Edmonds dress shoes, Danner boots.

Posts: 2169 | Registered: April 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
http://www.slideashelf.com/

TiteBond wood glues

Posts: 4756 | Registered: July 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SOTAR:
A longer list of Made In USA watches here. Actually there are a few that are full USA. I want to rattle them off, however, you all might enjoy just scrolling through this list USA Watches

You want an American made watch? Also included in the linked list above, but if you read carefully, this is the only one I'm aware of turning out fully USA made watches -- beyond someone doing one or two a year for ultra-heavy cash. This is a much penetration into an American craftsman's contribution margin as I believe you can reasonably achieve. And he's as solid as they come. Established, respected. Roland is the guy that overhauled my 1946 Breitling chronograph recently posted in the Galley watch thread. He's located in the heart of what once was an area of Pennsylvania prolific in watchmaking.

Shit... Now I feel I should own one, if only to support him. Frown

https://www.rgmwatches.com/

Posts: 11386 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
SAS shoes

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6314 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SOTAR
posted Hide Post
quote:
You want an American made watch? https://www.rgmwatches.com/

You are spot-on, RGM Watches are the way to go and they are really beautiful watches!

PS-801-EE $11.9k, or $24.7k with Rose Gold

PS-801 Skelton, $21k

Posts: 1037 | Location: portland, OR | Registered: October 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
St. Vitus
Dance Instructor
Picture of blueye
posted Hide Post
Wall lenk soldering irons made in North Carolina.

Posts: 5302 | Location: basement | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
PF Flyers

RETRO CHIC MEETS
CONTEMPORARY COMFORT

Inspired by our timeless Center Hi design that ruled the courts in the 1960s, our Made in USA products feature premium materials with uncommon details. Proudly made in Boston, these modern interpretations of the iconic athletic silhouette improves everything you love about the original, creating well-crafted sneakers that honor authentic American

https://www.pfflyers.com/made-in-usa/

Manufactured in the US for over 75 years and representing a limited portion of our U.S. sales, New Balance Made and PF Flyers Made in USA are premium collections that contain a domestic value of 70% or greater.

Posts: 364 | Location: Mansfield, TX | Registered: April 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
NEW BALANCE ATHLETICS, INC.
Headquartered in Boston, MA, New Balance is a privately held company that manufactures and markets technically innovative, width-sized performance footwear and apparel for women, men and children.
Founded in 1906, New Balance has remained committed to a core set of philosophies and strengths including: Technical Superiority, Width Sizing, and US Manufacturing.
For more information about New Balance Athletics, Inc. visit the corporate web site at www.newbalance.com.

https://www.joesnewbalanceoutlet.com/products/

Posts: 364 | Location: Mansfield, TX | Registered: April 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigguy:
PF Flyers

It looks like 4 models are made in the USA?

https://www.pfflyers.com/made-in-usa/#category-100015

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13400 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Chelsea Ships Bell Clocks.

https://www.chelseaclock.com/s...ll-clocks-collection

Posts: 9510 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have a very particular
set of skills
posted Hide Post
Don't know if mentioned yet...

Filson ('assembled in the USA' anyway).
Danner Boots (some anyway)
Stetson Hats.

Boss

A real life Sisyphus...
"It's not the critic who counts..." TR
Exodus 23.2: Do not follow the crowd in doing wrong...
Despite some people's claims to the contrary, 5 lbs. is actually different than 12 lbs.
It's never simple/easy.

Posts: 4991 | Location: In the arena... | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
Golden Colorado Spydercos.

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Suppressed
posted Hide Post
Labonville chainsaw protection chaps. They saved one of my employees from needing reconstructive leg surgery today. They stopped the high revving saw dead.
https://www.labonville.com/W85...p-Series_p_1280.html

Posts: 3230 | Location: MD | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wishbone
posted Hide Post
Maglights and Case Knives.

Posts: 946 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: November 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
HDS flashlights - built in the USA.

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
Case knives
Jackson kayaks
Orca coolers
Henry Rifles

0:01

Posts: 4211 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
S&K tools.

Posts: 735 | Registered: February 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post