SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Can NO ONE Make 90 Degree Turns Anymore??
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Can NO ONE Make 90 Degree Turns Anymore?? Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted
It's getting worse and worse around here with lazy drivers who make 45 degree turns and cut across your front and almost take your front end off, a couple weeks back this woman turned so lazily and badly she was coming right AT ME, IN MY LANE. Mad

WTF people? Turns are supposed to be 90 FRIGGEN DEGREES!

Posts: 33595 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
I share your anger. It has happened to me so many times that I make a point to do square left turns even when no car is there. Sometimes they can appear in a heartbeat.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Apex every turn
#racecar
Razz

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15148 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Well they have to steer to the right so they can turn left because they have an imaginary trailer.

Posts: 9111 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
If you take a proper line though a 90º turn, your outside tires will go right over the road debris hazard the others have piled up.

Posts: 15840 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
A few years ago, I had the nose of my bumper on the white stripe to turn left at a t intersection from a side street onto a main road.

Car coming from the main road made a left hand turn onto the sidestreet I was on. Douchenozzle made two 45 degree turns and his path went behind me. I guess it was too hard to make a proper 90 degree turn.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23098 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I am a leaf
on the wind...
posted Hide Post
I share your ire. Was just complaining about it last week.

Can we also add people that stop past the stop bar. When I make a 90 turn pulling my trailer, I need that whole space past the stop bar for my trailer to clear. I've had to stop more and more and wait for the dumb asses to back up so I don't take their whole front end off.

Posts: 2117 | Location: Elizabeth, CO | Registered: August 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wife and I just had this discussion this morning. Noticed it SEVERAL times as we ran errands. Absolutely ANNOYING and Dangerous!

Nick
nick_mur

Posts: 98 | Location: Peoria IL | Registered: December 17, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
I’d be happy if they would just turn from the correct lane around here.

But if I’m at the front of the column, I’ll pull right up to the damned line as a challenge to the geometrically impaired.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16263 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This drives me crazy. Years ago while stopped at a stop sign I was hit by a driver who felt he needed to come into my lane of travel to make his turn.

Posts: 668 | Location: NH | Registered: December 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of p08
posted Hide Post
If you want a laugh, right when their driver door is past your front lay on the horn. They will think someone is gonna hit them and panic.

-------------------------------------
Always the pall bearer, never the corpse.

Posts: 700 | Location: Illinois | Registered: December 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
watched a guy one morning exit a parking lot,
granted the lot had an entrance road, and it was a stop light there,
he was making a right, and there was actually a turning lane, kinda like an off ramp,

yield sign too,

so he could make that turn at a 45,,

however

he failed to look to see if traffic was coming, and if he had a green light or right off way,

and took that turn much more shallow

I was in the 'slow' or outside lane and saw the bozo,
slowed, he went across my lane, and then across the other 2,, and nailed a car in the inside lane,

my pet peeves are the folks that come to an almost complete stop to turn right,
gravel driveway, I kinda get it, kinda,
but to go right from one road to another, and come to a complete or almost complete stop,, then make the turn on another asphalt road,,

srlsy?

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10409 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
Well they have to steer to the right so they can turn left because they have an imaginary trailer.

Yeah, what's with this?

Posts: 4690 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OMG, where do I begin??? I'm retired LE, my retirement gig to pay for healthcare is being a school bus driver. I absolutely love it!!! I work where I live so I know many of the families from Church, Lodge, and from coaching my son's baseball teams. Back to the topic... The stuff I see is awful. We call making the turn Squaring, or boxing the turn. Left hand turns at intersections are pretty easy. Making a right hand turn, not so much. You have to drive past the apex of the intersection, and then cut the wheel hard to prevent the right rear tire from running over the curb. It doesn't help when cars are one or two car lengths in front of the hold bar, it leaves nowhere to go. Either wait for the car to move, or take the curb.

Posts: 652 | Registered: February 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How about the ones that need to do 2.75mph to negotiate the turn?

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8318 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:

Yeah, what's with this?

I don't know but I see more and more of it every day.

Spooky stuff.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post