SIGforum
Can NO ONE Make 90 Degree Turns Anymore??

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/230601935/m/9600077784

December 21, 2021, 12:31 PM
PASig
Can NO ONE Make 90 Degree Turns Anymore??
It's getting worse and worse around here with lazy drivers who make 45 degree turns and cut across your front and almost take your front end off, a couple weeks back this woman turned so lazily and badly she was coming right AT ME, IN MY LANE. Mad

WTF people? Turns are supposed to be 90 FRIGGEN DEGREES!

December 21, 2021, 12:42 PM
GaryBF
I share your anger. It has happened to me so many times that I make a point to do square left turns even when no car is there. Sometimes they can appear in a heartbeat.
December 21, 2021, 01:01 PM
P250UA5
Apex every turn
#racecar
Razz

The Enemy's gate is down.
December 21, 2021, 01:22 PM
.38supersig
Well they have to steer to the right so they can turn left because they have an imaginary trailer.

December 21, 2021, 01:34 PM
RichardC
If you take a proper line though a 90º turn, your outside tires will go right over the road debris hazard the others have piled up.

December 21, 2021, 04:02 PM
tatortodd
A few years ago, I had the nose of my bumper on the white stripe to turn left at a t intersection from a side street onto a main road.

Car coming from the main road made a left hand turn onto the sidestreet I was on. Douchenozzle made two 45 degree turns and his path went behind me. I guess it was too hard to make a proper 90 degree turn.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.
December 21, 2021, 07:11 PM
jeffxjet
I share your ire. Was just complaining about it last week.

Can we also add people that stop past the stop bar. When I make a 90 turn pulling my trailer, I need that whole space past the stop bar for my trailer to clear. I've had to stop more and more and wait for the dumb asses to back up so I don't take their whole front end off.

December 21, 2021, 07:40 PM
nickmur
Wife and I just had this discussion this morning. Noticed it SEVERAL times as we ran errands. Absolutely ANNOYING and Dangerous!

Nick
nick_mur
December 21, 2021, 08:05 PM
BurtonRW
I’d be happy if they would just turn from the correct lane around here.

But if I’m at the front of the column, I’ll pull right up to the damned line as a challenge to the geometrically impaired.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A
December 23, 2021, 11:55 AM
sw4566
This drives me crazy. Years ago while stopped at a stop sign I was hit by a driver who felt he needed to come into my lane of travel to make his turn.
December 24, 2021, 02:53 PM
p08
If you want a laugh, right when their driver door is past your front lay on the horn. They will think someone is gonna hit them and panic.

-------------------------------------
Always the pall bearer, never the corpse.
December 24, 2021, 04:36 PM
lyman
watched a guy one morning exit a parking lot,
granted the lot had an entrance road, and it was a stop light there,
he was making a right, and there was actually a turning lane, kinda like an off ramp,

yield sign too,

so he could make that turn at a 45,,

however

he failed to look to see if traffic was coming, and if he had a green light or right off way,

and took that turn much more shallow

I was in the 'slow' or outside lane and saw the bozo,
slowed, he went across my lane, and then across the other 2,, and nailed a car in the inside lane,

my pet peeves are the folks that come to an almost complete stop to turn right,
gravel driveway, I kinda get it, kinda,
but to go right from one road to another, and come to a complete or almost complete stop,, then make the turn on another asphalt road,,

srlsy?

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

December 29, 2021, 05:21 PM
Lefty Sig
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
Well they have to steer to the right so they can turn left because they have an imaginary trailer.

Yeah, what's with this?
December 31, 2021, 06:04 PM
MMSIG229
OMG, where do I begin??? I'm retired LE, my retirement gig to pay for healthcare is being a school bus driver. I absolutely love it!!! I work where I live so I know many of the families from Church, Lodge, and from coaching my son's baseball teams. Back to the topic... The stuff I see is awful. We call making the turn Squaring, or boxing the turn. Left hand turns at intersections are pretty easy. Making a right hand turn, not so much. You have to drive past the apex of the intersection, and then cut the wheel hard to prevent the right rear tire from running over the curb. It doesn't help when cars are one or two car lengths in front of the hold bar, it leaves nowhere to go. Either wait for the car to move, or take the curb.
January 01, 2022, 12:17 PM
CPD SIG
How about the ones that need to do 2.75mph to negotiate the turn?

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy
January 01, 2022, 01:36 PM
Flash-LB
quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:

Yeah, what's with this?

I don't know but I see more and more of it every day.

Spooky stuff.