Notify
Tools

HR Login/Join 
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
HR is generally a department full of small-minded, rules-obsessed bureaucrats. I suppose they do a needed function, but they usually find the worst and least efficient way to do it.

it is the ultimate liberal arts degree in the business world Wink

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
LOL!!!!!!!

That's the truth!

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
"Please,come to Columbia University and give us more money than you will earn in five years [before taxes, pre-tax deductions, and personal debt payments] for a FOUR year degree in Human Resources.

"You will wield the ultimate power in the business world with zero accountability.

"Come join us, where the weather is always nice when you know the power you will soon wield in the Business World!"

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
Oh yeah. The thing I described in my OP is happening again. One of my guys waited all day long for a phone call. Worthless. Cost him 9 weeks worth of accumulation because some lazy shit couldn’t call him back. Zero recourse.

And they completely ignored my email for clarification on an unrelated issue, that I had initiated because they gave me guidance, but then someone else contradicted my formal request following that guidance.

Incompetent boobs Mad

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wait till HR spawns its own.

Wife's company has HR. HR is known to be the protectorate of the company. So HR spawned Associate Services/Relations, to advocate for the associate, which it doesn't because guess who's budget it is under.

If you have a problem with something, someone, or anything HR ish. You have to take it to HR, they tell you to take it to AS. AS will sit you down and 'hear' your issue. HR will flag you for having AS issue.

All emails, and company phone correspondence will be saved. All your access to the network will be flagged, and everything you do recorded for HR.

AS will revisit the issue in 3 months to see if the problem is solved. It hasn't because they didn't do fuck about it. It gets kicked up to HR, who then pulls your records. Looks for shit, and has a sit down with your boss.

Now your boss wants nothing to do with HR, but now that he is there. Well, you guessed it, he is now having all his shit recorded also.

From there he can kiss his performance rating goodbye, you can kiss your performance rating goodbye. If you do not roll into another group within 6 months, you will be put on a performance plan to improve your work IE FIRED>

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My company changed the name of HR to people and culture, so they’re much better now

"The days are stacked against what we think we are." Jim Harrison

Posts: 1120 | Location: Ann Arbor | Registered: September 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post