SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Please, guys...
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Please, guys... Login/Join 
posted
Take off the baseball hats in restaurants and indoors particularly.
Not getting why you're wearing them anyway, but that's not my business.
OK, so you're bald. So am I.

Tim

"Dead Midgets Handled With No Questions Asked"

Posts: 686 | Registered: March 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
There are still places where indoor caps aren't socially acceptable, like the military, or court, or workplaces that require business clothing, or some more formal churches (yes, there are casual churches nowadays too).

But barring being in a 5 star formal restaurant with a strict dress code, you'll have to accept that wearing ballcaps in restaurants and other casual indoor settings is something that is completely socially acceptable for every generation younger than yours.

Posts: 32380 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
I just wish the world was so perfect that a guy wearing a ball cap indoors was an issue for me.

Posts: 26838 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Almost as important as a proper thread title...

Posts: 10045 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12296 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
One of my pet peeves

Posts: 5281 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
They are required in my place of work, and often when I get out I am sweaty and have hat head. Now if I'm in a nice restaurant I wont wear one, but for some family restaurant or local place for lunch, its staying on.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I usually doff whatever hat I'm wearing when I'm seated.

Just feels wrong, seated at a table, wearing a hat.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 25980 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I never gave it a thought til now. My dear old pop would look at me and say,” is your head cold?
Me,No dad. Well then get it off.” He was old school. “The apple doesn’t fall far from the tree.” I’m old school alsio but I don’t care about wearin hats, I like hats.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
They are required in my place of work, and often when I get out I am sweaty and have hat head. Now if I'm in a nice restaurant I wont wear one, but for some family restaurant or local place for lunch, its staying on.

Me too.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BlackAgnes:
but that's not my business.

Tim

And here's the key. Why are you giving a second's thought or worry as to what someone else is wearing? Not everyone feels the same about such things.
Reserve your fucks for things that are fuck-worthy.

Posts: 10817 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
I never wore hats or caps before. But now living in AZ, I have to wear caps and hats to save my face from getting sunburned. I also use sunscreen.

I've never thought about people wearing hats indoors, just that I know the etiquette is to take them off when indoors. But some people may be going through chemo and have hair issues or some just have dirty hair so I don't pay them any mind.

If there was a place for people to put their hats on then it might be some social pressure to take your hat off. But if there's no place to put a hat, then the best place is to keep it on top of one's head.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19555 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:
If there was a place for people to put their hats on then it might be some social pressure to take your hat off. But if there's no place to put a hat, then the best place is to keep it on top of one's head.

You're right about that. I go to a bunch of restaurants in Hawaii every year and the tables are just large enough for two people and all their plates and glasses, no room for a hat.

So I have to undo the back where the adjustment is and thread it around one of the arms of my chair, then reattach as there's nowhere else to put it.

I wear one to avoid skin cancer as I'm definitely a blue eyed, blonde haired honky.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BlackAgnes:
Take off the baseball hats in restaurants and indoors particularly.

Nope. That rule got kicked to the curb the day I ETS'd.

Posts: 19952 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
quote:
like the military,

Unless your under arms. So, if you're carrying a weapon, keeping your cover on is fine.

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4609 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Please, guys...

Put more info about the subject in your thread titles.

Posts: 9093 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Well, OK...

But if I remove my hat, I am going to remove "the cup" and put both on the table, just lettin' ya know...

There's no cryin' in baseball, and no do overs in the restaurant.

Pick your battles smartly...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43778 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
While I don't care for ball caps worn backwards or those stupid-looking flat-billed ones, the bottom line is that if it's not your house, it's not your business.

Posts: 27777 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
those stupid-looking flat-billed
They're OK as long as you leave the price tag on them and wear them sideways.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30498 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sure thing grandpa.

Posts: 4273 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post