SIGforum
Please, guys...

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/230601935/m/8930039194

May 10, 2022, 01:08 PM
BlackAgnes
Please, guys...
Take off the baseball hats in restaurants and indoors particularly.
Not getting why you're wearing them anyway, but that's not my business.
OK, so you're bald. So am I.

Tim

"Dead Midgets Handled With No Questions Asked"
May 10, 2022, 01:29 PM
RogueJSK
There are still places where indoor caps aren't socially acceptable, like the military, or court, or workplaces that require business clothing, or some more formal churches (yes, there are casual churches nowadays too).

But barring being in a 5 star formal restaurant with a strict dress code, you'll have to accept that wearing ballcaps in restaurants and other casual indoor settings is something that is completely socially acceptable for every generation younger than yours.
May 10, 2022, 01:33 PM
arfmel
I just wish the world was so perfect that a guy wearing a ball cap indoors was an issue for me.
May 10, 2022, 01:37 PM
Excam_Man
Almost as important as a proper thread title...

May 10, 2022, 01:39 PM
Ronin1069

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
May 10, 2022, 01:39 PM
BigSwede
One of my pet peeves

May 10, 2022, 01:48 PM
Lord Vaalic
They are required in my place of work, and often when I get out I am sweaty and have hat head. Now if I'm in a nice restaurant I wont wear one, but for some family restaurant or local place for lunch, its staying on.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day
May 10, 2022, 01:56 PM
ensigmatic
I usually doff whatever hat I'm wearing when I'm seated.

Just feels wrong, seated at a table, wearing a hat.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher
May 10, 2022, 02:02 PM
recoatlift
I never gave it a thought til now. My dear old pop would look at me and say,” is your head cold?
Me,No dad. Well then get it off.” He was old school. “The apple doesn’t fall far from the tree.” I’m old school alsio but I don’t care about wearin hats, I like hats.
May 10, 2022, 02:03 PM
Flash-LB
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
They are required in my place of work, and often when I get out I am sweaty and have hat head. Now if I'm in a nice restaurant I wont wear one, but for some family restaurant or local place for lunch, its staying on.

Me too.
May 10, 2022, 02:06 PM
Ryanp225
quote:
Originally posted by BlackAgnes:
but that's not my business.

Tim

And here's the key. Why are you giving a second's thought or worry as to what someone else is wearing? Not everyone feels the same about such things.
Reserve your fucks for things that are fuck-worthy.
May 10, 2022, 02:40 PM
Rey HRH
I never wore hats or caps before. But now living in AZ, I have to wear caps and hats to save my face from getting sunburned. I also use sunscreen.

I've never thought about people wearing hats indoors, just that I know the etiquette is to take them off when indoors. But some people may be going through chemo and have hair issues or some just have dirty hair so I don't pay them any mind.

If there was a place for people to put their hats on then it might be some social pressure to take your hat off. But if there's no place to put a hat, then the best place is to keep it on top of one's head.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.
May 10, 2022, 03:18 PM
Flash-LB
quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:
If there was a place for people to put their hats on then it might be some social pressure to take your hat off. But if there's no place to put a hat, then the best place is to keep it on top of one's head.

You're right about that. I go to a bunch of restaurants in Hawaii every year and the tables are just large enough for two people and all their plates and glasses, no room for a hat.

So I have to undo the back where the adjustment is and thread it around one of the arms of my chair, then reattach as there's nowhere else to put it.

I wear one to avoid skin cancer as I'm definitely a blue eyed, blonde haired honky.
May 10, 2022, 04:39 PM
Gustofer
quote:
Originally posted by BlackAgnes:
Take off the baseball hats in restaurants and indoors particularly.

Nope. That rule got kicked to the curb the day I ETS'd.

May 10, 2022, 05:22 PM
SevenPlusOne
quote:
like the military,

Unless your under arms. So, if you're carrying a weapon, keeping your cover on is fine.

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"
May 10, 2022, 05:52 PM
.38supersig
Please, guys...

Put more info about the subject in your thread titles.

May 10, 2022, 05:54 PM
sigmonkey
Well, OK...

But if I remove my hat, I am going to remove "the cup" and put both on the table, just lettin' ya know...

There's no cryin' in baseball, and no do overs in the restaurant.

Pick your battles smartly...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!
May 10, 2022, 08:04 PM
egregore
While I don't care for ball caps worn backwards or those stupid-looking flat-billed ones, the bottom line is that if it's not your house, it's not your business.
May 10, 2022, 08:13 PM
V-Tail
quote:
those stupid-looking flat-billed
They're OK as long as you leave the price tag on them and wear them sideways.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים
May 10, 2022, 09:55 PM
berto
Sure thing grandpa.