SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Please, guys...
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Please, guys... Login/Join 
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Interesting enough took the wife to a nice sushi restaurant for her birthday, most patrons dressed nicely, it's FL so nice shorts and golf shirt, more is acceptable here than elsewhere.

and then, in walks Yabo 1 an Yabo 2.....

These two yabos, sitting at tables with ball caps on, T-shirts and gym shorts, They have the family there, both wives and kids are properly dressed. These two look like they should be across the street at the sports bar.

Allowed, yep, acceptable, no....

Posts: 23193 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
I remove mine; it's how I was raised, and I was in the military. If there's no place to put a hat, and I am wearing a simple billed cap, it gets tucked in my belt at the back.

I only wear a broad brimmed hat to places where I know there's a place to hang it, which is pretty rare, these days.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12737 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What next?
They gotta use the silverware ?
Wash their hands?
Chew with their mouth closed?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54466 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
TAKE OFF THE HAT!!

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37062 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Excam_Man:
Almost as important as a proper thread title...
I think this is the most important point pertaining to this entire thread. KUDOS, Excam!!!

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11016 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wasn't raised in a barn but I was raised on a farm and we always worn caps when we worked but we were shown by example (my Dad) when come in the house the cap comes off....partly because it was the thing to do but mainly to show respect to the lady of the house. My Dad never said so in so may words ( he didn't have to) he did by his actions. He respected my Mother and he showed it by the little things did and the what he taught me in so many ways. I believe that is what is missing today...Fathers teaching their kids to respect other in the little ways. The little ways lead to bigger ways.

And as jljones said TAKE OF THE HAT!!

_________

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right.

Henry Ford

Posts: 724 | Location: Texas | Registered: October 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
quote:
Originally posted by BlackAgnes:
but that's not my business.

Tim

And here's the key. Why are you giving a second's thought or worry as to what someone else is wearing? Not everyone feels the same about such things.
Reserve your fucks for things that are fuck-worthy.

One could just as well say why are you worried about what other people are worried about? Wink

Then we'd have a message board with no messages. Big Grin

Posts: 21030 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Of societies many ills, this won’t even get my needle off the stop. If I was going to bitch it would be pull up your pants and stop showing us your underwear you numbskulls.

Posts: 7324 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:

One could just as well say why are you worried about what other people are worried about? Wink

Then we'd have a message board with no messages. Big Grin

Touche' Wink

But deciding to take time to have a discussion about our thoughts with members here isn't the same as overhearing a conversation at a buss stop and feeling the need to inject my $.02.

The hat thing is outdated though.
What about togas? Why doesn't the Senate require those smart looking togas when in session?

Posts: 10817 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post