SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    At what point do you lose it?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

At what point do you lose it? Login/Join 
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
One of the Ace stores that I dealt with was owned by a man, managed by a woman. The female manager had a sign on her desk: "Do you want to speak with the man in charge, or the woman who knows what she's doing?" Very true.

To be fair, I do know a few of those gals as well and wouldn't hesitate to give them a call if need be. But, in my experience with most hardware stores, the odds are with me.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
This problem didn't just start recently.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puJePACBoIo

Posts: 9446 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It really shouldn't take four phone calls to one store over a 15 minutes to confirm that they have 15 cases of distilled water.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54487 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm close and when I mean close, it's the proverbial C hair away.
Just about a half an hour ago almost sent me over the edge dealing with a new temp.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:
quote:
Originally posted by selogic:

Little Caesars pizza itself would be a deal breaker for me. I think I'd just as soon eat the cardboard box it comes in.

Cardboard? It’s good for you,go ahead, Doc says I need more FIBER in my diet. Big Grin

Posts: 11810 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It really shouldn't take four phone calls to one store over a 15 minutes to confirm that they have 15 cases of distilled water.

And then !

While unloading those 15 cases at home ,
You find out that four of those cases are NOT distilled but spring water.
Frown

I blame the suits

Posts: 54487 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
Ordering food today:

Me - I’ll take a mushroom and Swiss burger.

Order taker - Do you want cheese on that?

Me - Yes

Order taker - American or cheddar?

Me - Do you have Swiss?

Order taker yelling to the kitchen - Do we have Swiss cheese?

Cook - Yes

Me - I’d like Swiss then.

I would have at least said something like "That is what the Swiss is - Swiss cheese."

I do like a mushroom-Swiss burger, too.

At McDonald's it is all I can do, when they ask me "Do you want anything else?," to not say, "That is why I stopped talking - my order is complete, and I have ordered everything I want."

I know they are trained to do this. Maybe it is upselling and maybe it is that they have learned that many people are idiots and forget to order a drink, but it drives me crazy.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My friend Rick was born on December 31 so we usually get together that evening for a combined birthday/New Year's party. A few years back his wife ordered a cake from Wal*Mart over the telephone and picked it up without looking at it. When we unboxed it that evening this is what was written on it, verbatim:

Happy Birthday Rick!
Below That
Happy New Year!

We still laugh about it.

Posts: 986 | Location: Tampa | Registered: July 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
An apocryphal but plausible story:

Marc orders a coffee at Starbucks.
Server: "What name on the order?"
Marc: "Marc, with a C."
Marc gets his order and the label says "Cark."

Posts: 27814 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I must be some kinda super human.
I didn't come close to "losing it "
When the moro cashier tried to short me $90.00 worth of change back.

Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
While I've never reached to point of firing shots through the drive-thru like some in the Memphis area do Big Grin , I have been pretty ticked at the lack of service these days. Expect to repeat your order at least 3 times. You dare not leave without double-checking the order.
Chick-fil-A seems to get it right most of the time.

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4823 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
trapper189 - I’ll take a mushroom and Swiss burger.

McDonald’s employee - We don't sell that shit here!

trapper189 - What do you have?

McDonald’s employee - What we give you Mo-Fo. If you don't like it, you can talk with my Ruger 9mm.

trapper189 - I'll take it! Big Grin

McDonald’s employee points gun at customers during argument over order, police say

https://www.actionnews5.com/20...er-order-police-say/

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4823 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jupiter:
trapper189 - I’ll take a mushroom and Swiss burger.

McDonald’s employee - We don't sell that shit here!

trapper189 - What do you have?

McDonald’s employee - What we give you Mo-Fo. If you don't like it, you can talk with my Ruger 9mm.

McDonald’s employee points gun at customers during argument over order, police say

https://www.actionnews5.com/20...er-order-police-say/

https://www.newsweek.com/wendy...food-arizona-1733912

Wendy's employee in Arizona has killed a customer after punching him following a complaint about his order, according to police.

The attack happened on July 26 at approximately 4:41 p.m. at the restaurant in the 3000 block of Glassford Hill Road, in Prescott Valley, according to a police press report.

The employee, Antoine Kendrick, of Prescott Valley, came out from behind the service counter and struck the 67-year-old Dewey resident in the head, police said.

The victim fell to the floor, striking his head again and falling unconscious. Officers and Central Arizona Fire & Medical Authority responded to tend to the customer and he was subsequently airlifted to a Valley hospital.

He remained in a critical condition until his death on August 5, according to ABC15.

Kendrick was initially booked on the charge of aggravated assault which was later upgraded to second-degree murder after the victim's death, according to an ABC15 report.

Seems as if the Amish have little to no self control.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
Two things I can't stand in life. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures, and the Amish.

-- George Orwell

Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jupiter:

Heck would I do with a 9mm Ruger? I think I’d have to give it back. Wink

In my latest episode of biting my tongue and not losing it:

Long story, but I’ll try to keep it short. We ran a swim meet at a rival team’s pool, setting up, using, and taking down their equipment. An hour and a half before the hour long meet, we set up their pop up canopies to provide shade for the people timing the swimmers. Sun moves East to West, so we took that into account when we decided how far back from the pool to put the canopies. We get all done and move on to other things. Next thing we know, there’s a group of parents from the rival team moving all the canopies and buckets of water used to hold the canopies down.

When asked why, the response is that’s not where they set their canopies up. They usually set them up closer to the pool. I mention about about the sun moving and they say the timers just move their chairs. I ask if they realize that would mean putting the chairs in the pool once the meet starts and I get blank stares. I ask if they usually set up on the morning; the answer is yes. I ask if they ever setup in the afternoon, the answer is no. I make one more attempt to point out the relationship between the sun moving one direction and the shade moving the other; still blanks stares.

We let them finish and then moved the canopies back to where we set them up in the first place. The timers were all in the shade during the meet. We really have a fantastic group of parents and volunteers who work well together, have fun, and get things done. Not all teams have that.

Posts: 10803 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
A long time ago I asked a burger king order taker to cut my whopper in half. That added about 15 minutes to my order. You wudda thunk I was asking for something that was impossible to deliver. I got to the point where I asked for a knife so I could cut the thing in half myself. It's amazing how stupid things can get in a bureaucratic system staffed with dummies.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8633 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rawny
posted Hide Post
Most fast food burger joints do not require any cutting with knives for their food prep. Pretty much all they offer are already measured and prepped before hand, and all they do is heat them up and assemble. Not have large knives cut down on accidents.

If you were in a sandwich place like Sub-Way, then it's no sweat.

Posts: 2638 | Location: San Hozay, KA | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wrightd:
A long time ago I asked a burger king order taker to cut my whopper in half. That added about 15 minutes to my order. You wudda thunk I was asking for something that was impossible to deliver. I got to the point where I asked for a knife so I could cut the thing in half myself. It's amazing how stupid things can get in a bureaucratic system staffed with dummies.

My contact at Homeland Security loved burgers and he always cut them in half before he ate them. I asked why and he didn't know, just said he always had done that, all his life.

He carried his own knife. I guess he'd had some problems getting others to do it for him.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I worked at McDonalds when I was in High School . There were no knives on site except for your own .

Posts: 3967 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Aw, you poor suffering souls. Smile

Posts: 15838 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post