SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Mask Shaming
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mask Shaming Login/Join 
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
'I know it for a fact for people I personally interact with'.

What does that mean?

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:

What does that mean?

That’s up there with: I know what I know cause I know it. Smile

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3955 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who else?
Picture of Jager
posted Hide Post
Haven't worn a mask. Not going to.

As far as I am concerned it is a sign of being a sheep for the vast majority of idiots wearing them.

I met up with a much older gentleman yesterday to do a transaction. He has major health issues and was recently in the hospital for a good length of time. He was wearing a mask. I can see that. But it is still largely am ineffective talisman.

Most of these masks or coverings do nothing - or very little for anyone involved. And if you are sick and coughing or sneezing, stay the fuck home.

I vote for "pussies" as the descriptor.

Posts: 2568 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: October 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wear a n95 mask to the grocery store because Im old. If You don't want to wear one don't. I had relatives who got the virus when this first started and it is bad for about a month. If you should get the virus and bring it home to your Family it won't be a good feeling.

Posts: 21 | Registered: March 18, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wear 1 at work because I work with the public & the owner of the business said we have to wear a mask & gloves. To me, the gloves are a bigger pain in the ass than the masks. It is a small, family owned business & it is the owner's right to run his business the way he wants.

However, I think (I am speculating here) that his main concern is public shaming/loss of customers if we are not seen trying to help reduce the spread. The shut down has really taken it's toll business wise & we cannot afford to loose ANY customers. He's also concerned with the health department sending people out to see if we are complying with their guidelines & shutting us down if we do not.

Posts: 537 | Registered: March 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
I wear them sometimes when out in public, sometimes don't. Depends on the situation. We have very low numbers in my area but I don't want to get it or be the one.
Is it a misplaced sense of security? Yes, sometimes. Not always. Tests that I mostly trust show that they help more to prevent you from spreading it if you had it, than catching it. The number I've seen is 70% going out, 25% coming in. Not an exact science but not much is so far. There is a lot still to be learned.
If you don't actually have it and the people around you don't either then it obviously does nothing for Covid. Maybe one of us also has a cold or flu just starting. Who knows.
I look at like Jewish Penicillin, chicken soup. Maybe it doesn't help, but it can't hurt.

Posts: 9449 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wear a mask when in the US, in a store, terminal, etc, as a courtesy to others. It won't do a damn thing for me. But it makes others feel better.

It's mandatory on flights, and many places overseas. It's second nature presently to throw it on around other people.

It's a courtesy.

Whether someone else chooses to wear theirs, or what they think of mine, I couldn't care less.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
Stores and pharmacies around here require one to wear a mask. I make a statement every time I'm required to do so.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Nope, not doing it (except when I am sanding in the garage) so my answer to the attempted shamers "Fuck You".

Posts: 22851 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rwilli
posted Hide Post
I believe the masks are ineffective---at least the way we are wearing them now----But, if wearing face panties makes the person next to me in the grocery line feel a little more at ease and a little safer, then I am glad to wear it.

"And that the said Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the Press, or the rights of Conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms; …"
Samuel Adams

Posts: 125 | Location: Southern Missouri | Registered: November 25, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If anyone wants to wear one because it makes them personally feel safer,(even though these things they are wearing makes no real difference) then I say fine. But, don't expect me to wear one just to make someone else feel good. That is a bunch of touchy-feely PC nonsense that is so much of the problem these days.

Posts: 887 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fpuhan:
(mask pic)

That's frickin' awesome!

God bless America.

Posts: 13419 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hold Fast
Picture of Butch 2340
posted Hide Post
Mrs. Kravitz at the Kroger gave me the stink eye so I told her "I'm immune", she looked puzzled, then turned and walked away.

Never shoot a large caliber man with a small caliber bullet . . .

Posts: 7629 | Location: Georgia  | Registered: May 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In the yahd, not too
fah from the cah
Picture of ryan81986
posted Hide Post
I really want one of these but I also don't want to buy a mask. I've just been wearing a lightweight surgical mask that I got from work because it doesn't hurt my ears like the others. And it was free.

Posts: 6336 | Location: Just outside of Boston | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tleo205:
If anyone wants to wear one because it makes them personally feel safer,(even though these things they are wearing makes no real difference) then I say fine. But, don't expect me to wear one just to make someone else feel good. That is a bunch of touchy-feely PC nonsense that is so much of the problem these days.
AMEN, brother!! Some twaddle heads are saying, "But I don't mind wearing a mask out of 'courtesy' for others." BULL SHIT! Courteous is when I let someone turn in front of me. Courteous is my letting someone get in my lane in front of me WHEN THEY'VE SIGNALED. A one-time affair...one and done.

What these dolts are asking me to do is ALTER MY WAY OF LIFE...PERMANENTLY. Sorry...ain't gonna happen. This ain't falling on a grenade for the good of my outfit. This crap ain't that lethal. Call me selfish all day long...IDGAS.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11048 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
I refuse to wear a mask. Every time I’ve been asked, I’ve politely declined and simply said “I’m exempt”. The only time I had a problem was with a “greeter” at Walmart who started yelling at me that I couldn’t enter without one. I ignored her and walked in.

I understand store management and employees are being put on the spot. Enforce the coronahysteria rule, but don’t alienate customers. So, if someone really made a stink, I wouldn’t argue. I’d just turn around and leave.

On the other hand, the wife has gotten into shouting matches twice for not wearing a mask - with other customers.

Both times she’s come home pretty upset. I tell her not to give them the satisfaction. Just ignore them, or simply say “Mind your own business” and walk away. If they keep it up, call the manager.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6365 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:

What does that mean?

It means that the people I've talked with about this - and I am not "Karen of the Masks", so the people I talk to is my group of local friends - understand what the cloth masks do and what they don't do.

Now, this is a fairly educated group and there are MDs and practicing nurses in the mix. So maybe it's not representative. But assume all mask-wearers are just dumb TV-programmed automatons at your own logical peril.

I don't understand people who feel the need to confront mask wearers, any more than those who confront the ones who don't. Seems civility and politeness are as much at risk from the crud as health and well-being.

And, over and out on this topic/thread.

Posts: 14998 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Mongo only pawn in game of life...

Posts: 683 | Location: DFW | Registered: August 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
A mask is as effective as a chain link fence to keep mosquitoes out of your yard.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34073 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rev. A. J. Forsyth
posted Hide Post
We have to wear them out n about. Dear Leader Lamont says so. Mine says "Thanks China" on it. I wear it because every business around me will refuse service or throw you out if you don't. People have tried to engage me due to the slogan on my mask, piss-poor attempts to shame me and the like. I do not answer nor give them the satisfaction.

Posts: 1639 | Location: Winston-Salem  | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post