SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Greedy people and karma threads
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Greedy people and karma threads Login/Join 
Picture of creslin
posted
Irritates the hell out of me when I see someone post a karma with specific rules.
Then everyone comes along and all they see is "free shit" and post in the thread asking to be included - and completely ignore the rules.

Easy example is this current thread.

It is plainly stated in the post content that the winner will be pulled from a different thread.
However we have 4 pages of people piling on "please include me!" after only a few hours.

People see "free shit" and that's all they care about.

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1524 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
How can you identify the offenders?

Posts: 5302 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Greedy people, or simply poor reading comprehension?

quote:
- If you contribute, you're eligible.

- mark123's Karma Picker will pick a winner from that thread, when the fundraising ends on the 25th (I think that's the date).

'This', or 'That'...Apparently it makes a difference.

I guess I'm guilty of less then thorough reading comprehension, but greedy...NO, I'm NOT!

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8787 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
Greedy people, or simply poor reading comprehension?

Ok that's a fair point and I'm slightly less salty now.

Posts: 1524 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Many in the tread you are referring to are simply saying 'Thank You'.

To be fair, I haven't entered any of the wristwatch karmas by Dave Truong as I don't wear a watch and believe the karma would be better served by someone who does.

I tried a karma of my own and it didn't go very well when I got only one sincere reply (packed all the stuff up I was giving away and mailed it to them).

Individual results may vary.

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
I just now saw this thread after quoting you in the thread to which you are referring.
I guarantee there are people like me who donated but have not posted in the correct thread for the karma. I'm going to guess there are a good portion who aren't entered and are fine because that's not what that thread is about.

Q is very generous but that's not what his karma/reward is about.
The forum is the reward and we all win.

Posts: 7320 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
You really can't but something I might look at is people who sign up for every single Karma.

Posts: 3875 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1s1k:
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
You really can't but something I might look at is people who sign up for every single Karma.

I think that has happened and then they cried about it, saying it was the same people winning.
I think they eventually found the door out.

Posts: 7320 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
Since nobody else has said it:

Karma? Great, please include me!!

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slabsides45:
Since nobody else has said it:

Karma? Great, please include me!!

You win this thread.

Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Threads bitching about karma threads always go well.

Posts: 17061 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
If a member can’t be bothered to read the first post and understand the rules set forth in that post, then that member will be awarded the appropriate level of karma. Unfortunately, the extemporaneous needless posts create more work for Q to sift through to find the posts of those who wish to be excluded.

Posts: 10825 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
I never post in the Karma threads.

I figure some people might really need whatever it is being given away.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
I typically do please and thank you karmas. In other words, to win you must politely use please and "thank you" or some polite variation of it in your post. Always a few that don't bother to read, and if the karmanator picks them then I have the karmanator pick someone else.

Now, if we could just get the karmanator to quit picking only "high profile" members Big Grin

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23102 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Or... Maybe Q is actually a genius.

He now has a thread listing 5+ pages of folks who can't be bothered to read Karma instructions, for future reference in later Karmas. Big Grin

quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
I typically do please and thank you karmas. In other words, to win you must politely use please and "thank you" or some polite variation of it in your post. Always a few that don't bother to read, and if the karmanator picks them then I have the karmanator pick someone else.

Yeah, I usually do similar. Request a certain phrase, or a photo with a specific theme.

It's always funny (thought not in a good way) to see an entire page filled with posts containing similar photos, interspersed with random text posts merely saying "I'm in!" or "Please add me" from the free shit crowd who clearly neither read the instructions nor clued in to the fact that every single other entry included a patriotic photo or the like.

Posts: 32430 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
If a member can’t be bothered to read the first post and understand the rules set forth in that post, then that member will be awarded the appropriate level of karma.
Yup.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by creslin:
People see "free shit" and that's all they care about.

I was one of those who contributed but did not want to be included in the karma. But I think you're painting with an extremely broad brush when you're referring to "greedy people" and the "free shit" crowd.

The members posting in Q's thread are good people, many just excited by his generosity and wanted to express such.

If Q has a problem with the thread, I'm sure he would have stated so.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16613 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
Hmm... I could see your point if the people posting in Q's thread hadn't contributed to the fund for Para and were still trying to get in on the karma after not reading the rules.

However most all of the responses to Q's thread mention how the member did in fact contribute and happily so. They are greedy and after "free shit" after having contributed a donation to Para's cause?

Good grief.

Posts: 11352 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think most of the members here are great people who care about each other and most members were appreciative of the generosity,especially in that post. The way this site is run is much better than other sites out there, as we don't have a lot of the garbage posters you see on other sites and if they are garbage posting, Para deals with them. It's refreshing to see and you don't have these keyboard commandos trashing other members for once. I enjoy other sites but when I want serious info. or sincere posting, for the most part, it is here I go. Having karmas is something you don't see on most other sites, especially to this degree. That is the beauty of this site compared to almost any other. While some people maybe mistook what was stated in that post, I don't think it was maliciously done.

Posts: 6845 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If something interests me in a karma I throw my name in the hat. I plan on contributing to the Para fund because this is the best forum by far out there. Once I do, I guess I will throw my name in that karma. I guess I should say thanks because now I know which thread to post in. lol

I think greedy is the wrong term but it's your thread not mine.

Posts: 7348 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post